Your bandwidth is too low (February/March/April 2023)

Was same for me all evening. Took a flight around LDN to be sure by just spawning in midair and sometimes it would just show blobs for scenery for a bit then give the error or it would just error straight away.

I had this issue about a month ago and I found a random video on YouTube which suggested changing the host file in windows C with one a dude had created and it’s been working lovely since then. Obviously update 12 has rendered that work around useless.

Time for somebody else to find a new workaround. Good luck everyone.

This issue is driving me insane. Total immersion breaker.

When will this be fixed? Before or after I get a refund?

I have a very stable 370 Mbps connection. UK.

20230327224746_1

3 Likes

aTtrACtiVe :roll_eyes:

I’d say the game isn’t worth buying in this state.

2 Likes

I still fly relaxed with free Proton Vpn Usa not 1 bandwith error but something like this should not be necessary.

I hope this will be fixed fast as possible. It is 100% not a fault of internet providers.

1 Like

How does a VPN fix it?

Game now hanging… forcing a Task Manager exit. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I can fly with it selects mostly USA East Server. Bad ping of 120 but i dont Play Multiplayer so its not that important for me.

Never had this error sorry cant help. Which vpn you use?

tbh I’ve been looking to justify getting a VPN so this could be the kick I need. I don’t do multiplayer either although I do have MP on, if you get what I mean. So you’re saying I can select a server anywhere in the world? Hmm…

I still think the issue squarely sits with the game servers though.

No in Proton i Chose USA and Fight Sim automaticly connects me to American east Asobo Server.

I have read this thread and I am struggling to narrow down the reason why some people get this and some people don’t.
It seems that far more people get this since the SU12 update than before. I am guessing that very few positive remarks are made here due to the nature of people not bothering to read or post here if they don’t have the issue.

What seems to be the case is that a number of people in the UK have this issue. It could and probably is wider spread than that but without people posting you are not going to know.
What isn’t known is whether the OS is part of the cause. Also something that strikes me as being weird is that everybody seems to have a better bandwidth than myself.

Myself, I am in the UK on Windows 11 and have a 76Mbps bandwidth connection. I have not had this issue. Which when you take into account that a 1Gbps fibre connection in the UK is getting this it becomes very telling.
My friend has a 250Mbps connection and gets this.

With the limited data I have it would seem that the data stream is too fast for the PC to be able to handle in order. I wonder if the transfer was altered to asynchronous but it fails on the v. fast connections trying to process.

The only thing I have to point to the stream is that when an update comes down I always monitor it from the game at the same time as watching the activity in the OneStore folder as it downloads and decompresses, using Everything.
It has always had a complete synchronicity until the SU12 update. What the game said was being downloaded was not being matched by the activity in the OneStore folder.

I could be well off base here but I think that the method change to reduce the data download times is falling foul of v. fast connections, I could be completely wrong but it fits the limited data.
I am guessing that it is not easy to reduce your download speed to check this but if somebody is able to it might be worth trying downgrading to a 76Mbps connection to see if it still fits.

1 Like

It should be fairly easy to switch from a 1Gbps connection to a 100Mbps one… what a pain though. :frowning: We shouldn’t even be having to consider this.

net

I’ll try it. It’s worth a shot. Will report back.

The problem is not Asobo’s to “fix” - (at least not directly). Asobo does not operate or control the servers that power MSFS - Microsoft does.

Now, as the game developer, Asobo is best positioned to work directly with Microsoft network engineers to alert them of the problem and insure that MS is doing something to correct it. They did that last week when the “low bandwidth” message was affecting the majority of MSFS users in Germany and other parts of Europe, and the issue seemed to get much better (for a few days) but it evidently is still happening.

I have never had the “low bandwidth” message here in the US Notheast - and those having the problem consistently in Europe often seem to be able to get around it by using a VPN to connect to the US, so it seems to be a problem with Microsoft’s server/network infrastructure in Europe.

:frowning_face: Tried downgrading my connection … from 370Mbps to 89Mbps - no joy; still getting disconnected. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Up next: purchase VPN. Nord or Express?

Just noticed that Marketplace is also unavailable (greyed out) when this happens.
Every cloud…

Same here, CH - Near Lausanne 1GB stable connection and tested.

Can’t even see the map using satellite pictures when selection location for a flight.

It happens until SU12 update. Everything worked very smoothly prior to it.

1 Like

Bro do not get you hopes up i tried VPN and it does not work for me either. I would claim if you have this issue permanently, not temporarily, a VPN is no good for you

1 Like

Yeah I can ill-afford £119 anyway…

I’ve now tried switching to a US MP server… still no fix. :frowning:

A reminder about using streaming maps that are not Bing:

I’m not using a map mod.

Gee, great timing… :roll_eyes:

That’s the nose wheel gone. 1hr flight wasted. Ay least have the courtesy of pausing the sim while I ok it. Nah, just let it stoof in.