Your opinion on thrustmaster airbus side stick

i thank you all for your answers; I know it s not the best device but again I am budget limited so…

Thanks again folks
happy landings to all

I have T16000 and it is awesome, sensitive and precise.

1 Like

I have the default version of this stick and for the money it is very good. It uses some kind of magnetic effect for measuring the movement and feels far better then others I’ve used in the past, also had mine for nearly 7 years now without issue. Also really nice that it’s ambidextrous.

Why did you get rid of the Sidewinder Precision Pro? What started to fail? I’m (still!) using mine and want to know what the beginning of the end looks like.

The beginning of the end is drift (uncommanded input) from worn potentiometers. When viewing the stick in Windows Game Controller calibration, it was putting in an left roll input when untouched. Calibration can’t fix that.

The newer sticks have mostly Hall Effect Magnetic sensors instead of pots. Those likely will outlast the stick itself.

3 Likes

Is the TARGET software necessary I was wondering?

I recall installing it and updating it at least once, so it can’t hurt.

Thanks for your tips :slight_smile:

I know you’ve already made your decision but I’ll throw my 2 cents in anyways.

I bought one right when they first came out. I was looking for something to replace my MS Sidewinder Precision 2 since some of the buttons on that were no longer working.

When I ordered it I hadn’t yet learned about some of the boutique venders like VKB or Virpil but learned of them maybe a week before actually receiving the TCA Side Stick.

I used the Side Stick for about 2 days before deciding to get the VKB Gladiator K. While the Thrustmaster was ok, I found after using it a bit that I really didn’t like having so few buttons on the stick it’s self or the slider throttle, and well the Gladiator was exactly what I wanted. It has tons of buttons on the stick, a dial throttle on the left side that is a bit easier to reach, and while the Thrustmaster gimbal doesn’t feel bad and was a small step up form the Sidewinder the Gladiator feels much nicer.

In my opinion the Thrustmaster is a little overpriced even if you can get it for suggested retail price (which has been hard for the last year). I think It’s worth more like $45-50 since it didn’t really feel like an upgrade over the old MS Sidewinder. Granted I bought that for like $45 20 years ago so I guess inflation and all that is why the Thrustmaster costs what it does.

Thanks for your reply
Yes I had seen the VKB Gladiator but was a bit beyond my budget . around 35-40 euro difference

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.