1.10.7.0 Update - Aircraft control issues

Really helpful post. For me, post 1.10.8.0, there were 4, and now 5 (thanks to @willisxdc) things that everyone having any kind of major control or flight issue chould check. These are really basic, but you’d be amazed at how many times people say “oh yes, I’ve checked that” only to later report “oops, I had that set wrong”. Anyway, the 5 are:

1. Check your flight model is set to modern - legacy DOES NOT work with MSFS aircraft but the setting is sometimes set to legacy by the patches (especially 1.9.5.0 and 1.10.7.0)

2. Check you don’t have duplicate or unnecessary control mappings - e.g. xbox controller with default control surface mappings that you use for the drone cam - it WILL cause issues. Also avoid unnecessary controls - e.g. having a mixture control set in the TBM will cause the engine to cut out if you move that control by accident (took me a LONG time to figure this one out :crazy_face: )

3. Empty the community folder - just please do it! It takes a couple of minutes and I swear, it must fix 75% of all issues. You can add the stuff back once you know the issue is fixed

4. Switch from metric units to US or Hybrid. Metric screws up the altitude in the plane where it starts to think that altitude in feet is actually in metres - so pressing ALT HOLD sets your target altitude at 3.28 x your current altitude…etc. Just don’t do it!

5. Check your control sensitivities - as above - the curves have been changed in the latest patch, so check them and make adjustments as required - I expect this will fix everythign else that 1-4 can’t!

I should ask the mods if we can sticky this list somewhere

1 Like