(1.12.13.0) just downloaded again?

No…way…that used to be MY configuration 10 years ago (except the R9 which came 2-3 years later) !!
Wow man, that’s awesome !
And it is capable of running this monster ?

I mean, how, what settings, what resolution, everything at the lowest setting at 800x600 with the road traffic, other airplanes, photogrammetry and weather all turned off ? :wink:

I am actually amazed how they managed to pull it off, to make the sim so stable and so versatile across such a wide variety of hardware types and generations…incredible feat by Microsoft and Asobo…

1 Like

It obviousely moved away an VR bug. I have a Quest two and had to use the Oculus debug tool, to remove black spots in the picture. After the update VR works OK without the dbug tool !

More than an hour passed and the download is still stuck!! any ideas guys ?

Looks like a connectivity issue form your place (Oman ?) to the MS servers

Open your resource monitor, in the Network tab

In the TCP connections pane, look for the MSFS connections, and IPs adresses that are used

Then, open a DOS command window, and try some tracert to these IPs, to check whether the path is correct and not blocked somewhere

That’s a first level of troubleshoot

1 Like

Yeah yeah…he might also flush the DNS and throw a netstat…maybe add the -N argument just to be sure he’s got it all…yeah…you’ll do it @AdmittedStew924 , easy-peasy no prob stuff right ? :stuck_out_tongue:

** hey man, I actually don’t have any negative thoughts nor do I have a clue if our friend is an end-user, power user, etc - your comment just made me laugh for some reason, it’s kinda inspiring for jokes :smiley:

…the SDK platform became absolutely unsuable and it keep freezing all the times! Does any of you experiencing the same issue?

Humm…you as well might find some tracert and netstat helpful for that…

Sorry, but no! I have not changed anything between the first and second time receiving the update, never touched a folder other than community, I did not even add stuff to the commumuty folder during that time, and still 1.12.13.0 came twice!
Only odd thing I noted, after the second installment I got exclamation marks in the world map over both Japan and US update details, marking them as “new”. I think they haven’t been there before, even though I installed both right at release. Maybe my memory plays tricks on me there - everything else seems unchanged.

Hi @Pieloth
The game was normal before this update came.
And when I opened the game today, I saw an update. there were 4 files to update.
But so far only one of the 4 update files has been downloaded.
So, I don’t think the problem is related to IPs addresses.

Sorry but i didn’t understand. Could you please tell me more via PM if you want to?

Nah, that was just a joke related to the posts right before yours :slight_smile:
Nothing, forget it, sorry for confusion… :slight_smile:

I agree. Not difficult is it after taking time to do the update?

Maybe 5 minutes to patch note something like “Aircac data updated to version xxxx”

Will try this out today. Presumably you are not on the PC OQ2 beta app which by default does not activate the black stencil. If true then it would indicate that the update is not just for Airac data (obviously) which would be quite interesting :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for that but actually at the moment my full download speed is only 30Mbps - something I’m fighting my ISP with to get what I’m supposed to. But whatever. Nothing else running and the CPU is only at around 30% - I haven’t watched it to see if it fluctuates between download/configure.

Spotted another thread that says the problem is the update process. As you say, it downloads then configures as it goes along and it’s this constant interruption of the download that’s causing the problem. Most other processes do the entire download first and then the configuration - why can’t MS/A do it this way? Or do they think that maybe it would look worse to us end-users?

Download finished okay and a quick check revealed it’s messed up some of my settings (again!) particularly the rolling cache - easy to sort but annoying as I sometimes don’t spot these until I’m halfway through a flight!

Finally the update process has been completed.
Thank you all

I have tested again, the Fov Stencil is “Auto”, VR in FS2020 works like a charm.

1 Like

Just for info, there are multiple servers used in different locations, TCP connections with different IPs, so connectivity Might be a pointer for investigation

But glad to know your issue is solved

1 Like

I just had my first flight after the 1GB update and it appears that the pop-up logbook didn’t show while shutting down engines on the A320NX, although I didn’t see this listed in the change log. Can anyone confirm this? If not, I don’t know how it disappeared but I’m glad it did :slight_smile:

Hi @SenseOfHomer,
The release notes of the update on 08 January was in error.

This update was to navdata only (AIRAC) - no MSFS core files were updated.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/small-update-navdata-january/348245/4

They seem to be very lacking on the communication with the community… and not changing the patch note is just unjustifiable.

1 Like

Maybe the first time, but when this was brought to their attention last time, and they did it again…it does dent ones confidence a little. It’s a little thing, granted, but it does make you wonder.

I had a quick and easy 1GB update, but I did notice there was no change in the version number, and as I was reading the Release Notes I kept saying, “Wait… I already have this.”

It was a bit confusing.

Jim-Sim

[Store Version - Default, C:Drive Install - very, very minimal Community Folder mods (mostly drivers)]