1.16.2.0 - after ATC handoff, the callback text sometimes has an extra comma

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
When flying and talking with ATC (during an IFR), after getting a handoff, the ATC callback text sometimes has an extra comma. Noticed the comma correlates to whether or not the altimeter is included within the callback.

I know there are more important bugs to squash, but since they’re tinkering with ATC already…

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

(stitched two photos together, the text appeared nearby in ATC window with both cases)

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Fly IFR. Get an ATC handoff and look at the callback text. It appears the extra comma is included when there is no altimeter included in the callback, but okay when there is an altimeter within callback.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
runs MSFS well in >Medium graphics

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No

Oh good grief! A comma…

oh good grief, a sarcastic post, from a Tech Alpha Insider no less.

Have you ever programmed? Do you know what errant characters do to a parser?

Have you ever written professional reports? Do you know how the reader perceives the professionalism of a product/report based on its presentation? MSFS won’t become a professional product with 95% effort (for a release).

Did the code tests include cases of callback at lower altitudes versus higher altitudes, or just any generic callback? Speaks to how robust, or lack of robustness, the code quality tests are. I do understand how difficult it can be to iterate the many different scenarios of a aircraft flight, but would upgrading those tools really reap the rewards of a higher quality product? The small 500-1000 player beta release on an update, from the Twitch Dev Update yesterday, the indication was it found some significant bugs they got to fix. Should there be a hard look at the pipeline from planning, to code, to quality testing, to beta testers, to release? How do they handle the big things, when the perceived “little things” as a comma slip through?

Thanks very much, you’re showing the quality of the participants of the “Tech Alpha Insider” program to scoff at pointing out an output error, and what we got in the Aug 2020 release. Keep up the great work!

I know they’re working hard and keep it going. Flying a heading of 170º toward a runway at 180º won’t land the plane, though a crosswind changes that equation drastically!

It would be unfair to tarnish everyone with the same brush. One human isn’t the same as another. From other areas of the forum I can see what different people bring to the table with regards to quality feedback to the devs. Don’t look at the badge, and make a value judgement is all I’m saying.

Fair post, but I’ve had several of the same kinds of runarounds with some from the same badge. It doesn’t help with my impression.

What is a group but a sum of its participants? I think at this point MSFS Forum should just remove any pre-release badges; and focus on regulars and mods. They only got it from being selected into the alpha program anyway.

1 Like

Your post did make me laugh! Thanks for the giggles. Rock on Tommy, rock on.

ignorance truly is bliss, isn’t it!?