[1.21.18.0] Night lighting is broken, sepia effect is back

I don’t know what went wrong with this update but yikes.
Night lighting is broken again.
Lights aren’t drawing as far anymore as well.

( Fully maxed out Ultra settings btw )

It looks allright at lower altitudes, but still becomes blurrier faster with altitude than it did before.

Lights reflect from clouds seems in first picture as in reality when looked from plane. Lower picture looks like people can’t afford house lights but nothing like irl. Maybe DC 6 time. Night lighting at higher levels mostly show roads and windfarms

but those aren’t clouds :stuck_out_tongue:
that’s the ugly sepia texture on the ground.

2 Likes

Those are the new low clouds/fog – I initially thought the same, but quickly turned the weather time back to day and it was indeed some fog.

It was never completely removed. If you fly above let’s say FL 300, you’ll definitely see sepia mask the cities in distance. Especially for those which are located beyond your LOD settings.

Night lighting is awesome if you fly at low altitudes but still bad at high altitudes. Although, the roadmap still doesn’t claim as it is ‘fixed’ so I guess we might expect couple of updates for this but I’m not sure in which SU it would be.

Just wondering if Asobo plans to tweak night lighting. It’s still pretty cheesy, too much red and pink lighting. It has a slightly cartoonish look to me. Anyone have any insight if updates are planned for this?

Sorry, I’m late to this thread, but I just voted, we need more votes on improvements to night lighting!
Thanks

2 Likes

@moderators can u merge this into instead : Night Lighting still has alot of improvement headroom - #45 by ContrivedTea675