[1.37.12.0] SU15 Beta Survey - Performance (VR)

Please indicate your playability of the sim with the following statement - VR performance (frames per second) in this build is generally:
  • Great
  • Good
  • Acceptable
  • Poor
0 voters

To report a bug, please use the Sim Update 15 Beta section.

:arrow_down: Please provide additional information in the comment section below :arrow_down:

:warning: Reminder:

Installed the new update:
Quest 3 user here:
Have the smoothest and most source-efficient experience in this beta. Without any restrictions. My GPU OC 7800X3D&GPU OC 7800XT working on a very balanced level. Decreased OC on my 7800X3D.
I’m speechless. Guys @Asobo: you made a fantastic job

2 Likes

This is making me want to try out the beta… haven’t done a beta in several releases… i9-14900k and a 4090 here with a Quest 2… somebody convince me not to do it or I’m going to :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Agree, smooth performance ever! (= 2 months since I got my Quest 3, with 4090 / 7950x3D). I recalled juggling between parameters and still getting some stutterw at airports or when moving the head, especially in airliners.

My comparison points (no FPS measurement just my impressions sorry):

1. Bae146 v1 (SKMD to SEQM): smooth as ever, and I even put Ultra settings without impact

2. Discovery flight above Barcelona (was my check point when setting up the Quest 3). Used to struggle on High settings especially at low altitude, and now very smooth on Ultra (1 or 2 stutter here and there, nothing noticeable)

To good to be true? I’m very curious to understand what Asobo did to achieve this :slight_smile:

But overall very well done Asobo team

1 Like

Do it! You help contribute to the development and improvement of the product.

1 Like

VR performance is getting better with every memory optimization. Still there are occasional stutters when approaching to a 3rd party airport though.

1 Like

How’s the performance with ai traffic?
I find it way stuttery when ai traffic is on, this case with only 20 IFR and 6 statics (FSLTL)…

5800x3d, 7900xtx, pico4

Had FSLTL on with high settings, no impact on stutters but in fairness the traffic was low at the airports I took off and landed. Also MSFS traffic was off (replaced by FSLTL).

I’ll have to test a much busier airport

FSLTL is still bothering the CPU and causing low frame rates in VR unfortunately. Especially if you have more than 10 aircraft taxiing around you in big airports like EKCH.

you guys are convincing me… so close to flipping the beta switch :rofl:

I had no CTD‘s with any of the SU 15 betas so far.

Switch- switch- switch!

Certainly no improvement for me, perhaps because I have 64Gb RAM, so memory optimisation of no benefit.

Asobo have made it clear that they will not specifically opimise the VR experience - all we can hope for is that optimisations in 2D also help rather than hinder VR.

For me, it’s still stuttering badly in the basic sim due to sync issues between the display rate and sim rate. It looks like I need to run the sim at exactly half the rate of my Quest 2 (i.e. 72/2 = 36). I can’t set this in the sim, as setting half the display rate limits at 30fps (obviously relative to the the 2D rather than VR rate), so I need to limit it at 36 in the NVidia control panel, or alternatively use third party non-approved software. It’s certainly a challenge getting MSFS to run satisfactorily.

1 Like

.12.0 is the best for me so far in beta for VR. Really smooth performance with some stutters especially approaching the destination airport. I still think Asobo can make some adjustments to preload landing airports while in cruise or using a radius method from the airport. These 1-2 sec stutters are bothering. :confused:

Tested NZWN - NZQN during daytime with highest settings in FSLTL / Ultra DX12 DLSS Quality, and although it was more “laggish” with 1 or 2 serious freezes at departure and arrival ( = 5s freeze) it was still pretty smooth and enjoyable.

I reported one bug on the assistance settings which appeared in last flights

Perhaps dynamic LOD similar to what they implemented on Xbox would help. That would be a missed opportunity if they did not tested it for PC in SU15 to reduce those “last” stutters in VR

This was a question asked of Asobo in the last Q&A, and the response was vaguely positive.

Whether they will do it or not, though, we will have to wait and see. Personally, I’m surprised they did not even consider it before - at the time it was introduced to XBox, did no-one at Asobo realise it would also be an improvement for the PC?

If they do introduce the PC version, it must include a custom setting for the target frame rate or it could cause more problems than it solves.

I am doing the Bush Trip Rijeka - Santorini, and in the past 2 days I encountered long freezes and ending in a CTD on a couple of times. Freezes lasted from 2s to 10s, one or 2 per leg (no more but systematically per leg).

Switched (without a real reason) from DX11 > DX12:
Fantastic! Reduced OC on my CPU and GPU.
My first flight using the vision jet, started in the netherlands @airport Schiphol, heading south/west, Den Haag, landed @airport Rotterdam.
I’m not a dutch citizien, but: What such a fantastic, smooth, more immersive flight on the co-pilot seat with my Quest 3 over this part of the Netherlands. What such a great scenery. What such a fun with this performance optimized release in SU15! :partying_face: :blush:

1 Like