[1.37.12.0] SU15 Beta Survey - Performance (Xbox)

LOD is even worse for me. Fresh start, LVFR A330 at the gate, Asobo EGLL: all the ground vehicles in external view, zoom at default 50%, look like white boxes. I’m not confident at all about this build.

3 Likes

Default v1 A320 at EGCC with traffic/live weather a momentarily pause loading glass cockpit. Stutters on take off and climb. Occasional stutters panning around cockpit.
The LOD has improved for me. Objects that before were blurry are now crystal clear but still get objects popping in at close distance. In all though, stuttering on v1 default A320 isn’t good. Haven’t tried PMDG or Bae146 yet!

1 Like

Just tried several flights using a variety of aircraft and locations, all of which worked well prior to recent sim updates. This is a step backwards. All aircraft stutter around the cockpit and external view to the point of unplayability in my view. I’m honestly at the point of giving up with the sim. It worked considerably better last summer, can’t even remember what version that was.

1 Like

Have you got it yet?
I’m stuck on .11 too. Multiple restarts havnt triggered the update either.

The devs are trying things out. Let them. Some attempts will bring improvememts. Some will be dead ends and they’ll revert. The entire SU15beta has been like this, and they have been openly communicating it, like having one build like .4 or .5 put LOD to an extreme minimum to see how much of a difference that makes. Then start fine tuning.
The devs are doing everything right and using the beta period exactly like a beta should be used.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s why our input matters. It’s totally understandable that they are trying things, as long as they won’t touch stability as it is right now. Never break something that’s already working. I have to see more about how the LOD is doing for example. If that’s improved, but comes with a decrease in FPS and stuttering is up then it’s for them to decide if or how acceptable that would be.

I hope you can join the latest beta build.

2 Likes

The new version 1.37.12.0 is a disaster for me. In EDDB (third party) and with Vision Jet, live traffic and multiplayer on, BS and CTD occur again. CTD also occurs when the Xbox x is cold started and the rolling cache is deleted. It worked better with the previous Version.

1 Like

That does not sounds good. EDDB indeed worked in previous versions of the Beta, after for so long it doesn’t worked.

If BS or CTD occur, please don’t forget about the Stability Survey and score for Stability. Thanks for differentiating that stuff from Performance issues like low frame rates, stuttering and time shifting if that comes back.

1 Like

My test flight today. From EDDV (third party) to EDDB (third party) with Vision Jet. Live traffic, weather and multiplayer on. Cold and dark at the EDDV gate. Screens stayed black. They soon recovered and then it started to stutter. Until I had BS again shortly afterwards. After taking off at 4000ft and a distance of 5NM from EDDV the screens came back and stayed on. At cruising altitude everything went smoothly and without stuttering. Until 6NM before EDDB. Then the stuttering started. It recovered briefly and started again. On the way to gate E21 I got BS and the screens stayed black. Not a good performance, at least no CTD. Taking off from EDDB at the gate is currently impossible as I always get CTD.

3 Likes

I don’t know how so many people still get the BS and CTD. I’ve just finished 2 flights LKPR (ORBX) - LIPZ (BMW) and return in the A320 V2 with live weather and traffic on using the series X. I mean, I’m not doing so many different things than others, just decreased the amount of airport vehicles and the GA traffic to about 60%

I’ve just made a video using this beta build, approaching LIPZ and the weather was heavy (CAT3 Approach) so it was demanding on the memory. Check the video below

2 Likes

Because both LKPR and LIPZ have always been mostly stable. It’s the airports like EDDB and many, many others that were always on the edge of working/not working now seems to be unusable. Again. They worked in most previous SU15 beta builds. This is a big regression and in my opinion, unacceptable. But that’s what beta’s are for. But this can’t be the release candidate, that’s for sure.

1 Like

I restarted my Xbox several times before the flight, and turned off all Quick Resumes. I still have version 1.37.11.0. I didn’t get a newer one.
Today I’m flying to Hurghada for real.
I wanted to fly it in the new A320 on the Xbox series X. My first long flight in this plane. Everything went well. Just halfway through the flight (from Prague) all my displays went black.
I’m sad. This is really unusable. I don’t believe it will improve in the final version.
I guess I’ll have to buy a PC.

I’ve had a single CTD at the end of a short flight from EGNX to EGPH. Nothing special happened, it was on the approach to EGPH.

Before the CTD I was very happy with the LoD / FPS balance, it is one of the best balanced betas so far (all airports signs readable in EGNX, ground signs visible and readable when in the airplane, FPS acceptable in airport and super smooth after departure).

I’m on Xbox Series X, VRR 120hz. I am using Orbx UK Mesh and Orbx UK Northern, Central and Southern packs - they look amazing. Both airports are Pryguee.

I’m going to be flying a lot more now that the Xbox version is so much improved. I know that there are still bugs to iron out but I’m enjoying the SIM a lot more in SU15 beta.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but how can you be satisfied with a CTD after such a short flight?

I did several successful short flights last night and this was an Xbox Instant Resume (from my last flight, last night).

Obviously, no CTDs at all would be best but I have so many add-ons (3rd party airports, landscapes and planes) that I can’t be confident that it’s the base SIM that made it happen.

1 Like

The only stable airport I’ve ever had is EGPH amd EGCC. Venice, Prague, Girona and Ibiza airports gave me BS everytime prior to the beta. Sometimes after landing, sometimes prior to touchdown, when starting up or taking off from any of them was the same result. Same platform, same settings, even when using the default A320. Default Dortmund caused me a lot of CTDs on the approach phase prior to SU15 beta, now all that is gone. The only problem I have now is Origami Gatwick which I won’t be using anymore. I mean, even ini JFK’s ok… frame rate drops significantly when on the ground but still manageable. With the stability I have now I am happy, there are another things that bother me. Like the performance on the default 787…that is still bad

2 Likes

Well, before I make any more comments I really need to see for myself. Problem is, this weekend is quite busy with other things but I hope to make some flights.

1 Like

Good. So you have tested all these with this latest build? Ini’s JFK is still ok?

I see, that explains a lot👍

1 Like