[1.37.13.0] SU15 Beta Survey - Stability (Xbox)

Please indicate your playability of the sim with the following statement - Xbox stability in this build is generally:
  • Better than the current public retail build
  • About the same as the current public retail build
  • Worse than the current public retail build
  • Unable to tell
0 voters

To report a bug, please use the Sim Update 15 Beta section.

:arrow_down: Please provide additional information in the comment section below :arrow_down:

:warning: Reminder:

Xbox X, 1.37.13.0 Just a single short flight in the Longitude from KLGA to CYTZ so far, seemed fairly smooth, with ground / PG details popping in and out over New York.

2 Likes

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

My simulator just crashed (CTD) while in cruise flight with the iniBuilds A320neo. This hasn’t happened to me in a long, long time, I can’t even recall the last time. Needless to say, it hasn’t happened in the SU15 Beta either. So this is a serious red flag now.

Route: LHBP-EHRD, imported from SimBrief
Aircraft: iniBuilds Airbus A320neo
System: Xbox Series X
Rolling cache: OFF
Live weather: ON
Live traffic: ON
Photogrammetry: ON
Multiplayer: OFF
Add-ons installed: All World Updates and City Updates.

CTD: 56 minutes into the flight, cruising at 36,000 ft. There was no sign of it happening, performance was smooth all the way. It just happened. Audio skipped, and then back to the Xbox dashboard.

Again, this is a severe issue in my case because the last time I experienced CTD out of thin air was a long time ago, possibly in the SU9-SU10 age. Never since, especially not in flight.

This was my first flight since the 1.37.13.0 update. I don’t use the rolling cache and the simulator was started anew after the update. I seriously hope this severe unstability doesn’t return because it will make the simulator completely unenjoyable again.

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

1 Like

I’ve had a couple of CTDs in the .12 beta with the A20N v2 just randomly during the flight so be interesting to try to figure out if it’s the plane or the beta

Now after restarting the sim (after the crash) I have a 327,78 MB mandatory update for the “standard content”? It wasn’t there before.

Preparation for City Update VI: SOUTHERN Germany, which is available now for free in the Marketplace!

Attempt #2 was successful and uneventful. Hopefully it was just the marketplace update and some server-side act that triggered the CTD because it happened roughly at the same time. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I did a flight from EGKk (Origami) to LEMG (MK) using the Inibuilds A300 with everything turned on except rolling cache and multiplayer on Xbox Series X. I had black screens after pushback at EGKK and they came back on after takeoff and everything was perfect on arrival.

Early days, early days - but although I’ve seen a few small clock slow-downs, I haven’t yet experienced the drastic slowdowns I was measuring in the last beta. This one feels a lot more fluid/smoother to me so far and the LOD much improved so I’m optimistic tonight but will do a couple more tests before voting…

3 Likes

I clock watched my flights today in 3-4 different aircraft, no more than a minute or two time slippage all day. This is more of a Performance matter in my mind but since we are here… Absolutely no hint of instability across 4 flights in 0.13 on my Series X, but then again I am not partaking of live traffic or challenging any known defective or difficult to render add on airports.

2 Likes

Just finished a flight EWG7580 EDDH-LEPA A321 Neo, no traffic this time and not a single issue so in my opinion live traffic is still very, very heavy on the performance.

Also, speaking of clock times. This was a 2.5hrs flight and i only lost 2 minutes where with traffic enabled I could easily lost half an hour or so…

3 Likes

Yes you’re right, it is more of a performance thing - also haven’t had a CTD yet or any black screens - I have avoided third party airports though so didn’t suffer a lot of them in the first place. This release feels more stable than the last to me - but it is just a feeling, not enough data yet to back it up - that feeling is probably backed up by the performance improvement (it makes me feel better about MSFS when I get a few smooth flights with no black screens or CTDs)

2 Likes

I hadn’t had one in a long time and was really enjoying the sim in the a300 on XSX. Then I got this mandatory update this morning and it’s went completely down hill. Can’t load in with the a300 anywhere even default small airports. Auto CTD on the loading page. I was flying KMEM, KIAH, KEWR third party airports yesterday with no stuttering or performance isssues, very smooth. Today completely different I can’t even load in.

2 Likes

After weeks of beta test flying at various levels of rigor, for my part I can say that 0.13 is my lucky beta version, meaning that I now enjoy enough Stability and Performance together at the same time, given reasonable expectations on my part of the sim on Series X. Meaning when I fly aircraft models of known Stability into/out of airports also of known Stability that are optimized to Perform adequately in Series X, the resulting flight succeeds such that I can score it for Performance (no BS or CTD intervened) and have had FUN. I hope that many others posting here are finding the same or similar experience, as always, YMMV, but I think we may finally have a winner in 0.13!

4 Likes

I’ve carried out several more flights since joining this beta at build 13, targeting and testing those airports that routinely gave me a CTD and/or blank avionics before I could finish a flight.

So far, I’ve had neither of those things happen while carrying out flights (only one CTD while using the drone cam to explore a known resource-hungry airport). So, I’m very happy with the stability of build 13; it’s allowing me to actually use so many airport addons that I’ve paid for. This beta build is holding in check thoughts that have been creeping in about a switch to PC. So I certainly hope this build is reflective of what we get at the end of this process.

Having just come from the public release build, I can clearly see the various reductions to graphical fidelity, both on the ground and in the air. However, they’re not too much (for me) and I now consider it a necessary trade for a simulator that doesn’t leave me anxious about CTDs and blank glass every time I near the end of a flight! I’m having fun again and that makes it worth it.

4 Likes

Good to hear. Which aircraft are you flying? And-add on airports I think you said?

I’ve had more CTD’s the past two days than I ever have on XSX….but using the a300. I’ve been obsessed with it lately. A320 V2 and PMDG 737 working fine.

Side note anyone know what was in the PMDG 737 update tonight?

1 Like

I’m primarily using the PMDG 739. I’ve been testing various add-on airports that have been problematic for me - East Midlands by Pyreegue, Barcelona by LVFR, Valencia, Austin, Athens, Copenhagen and more.

Others I’m still yet to test include Las Vegas and Corfu by Flytampa, though I’ll be very surprised if Corfu is working yet because I think it needs a significant update for Xbox by the developer.

Re the A300, I don’t have it but from what I’ve read, it seems to be quite a heavy aircraft in terms of demand on memory. Hopefully inibuilds can improve its performance once SU15 has been finalised.

I think today’s update to the PMDG 737 was to correct the previous build that they mistakenly released. I think it primarily fixes some issues under the hood.

2 Likes

I don’t know if many people use the asobo 787, but it still black screens, even in this build. PMDG and inibuilds a320 run so well, even in airports like FlyTampa Vegas. Asobo still haven’t fully optimized the 787 on Xbox as I can’t depart out of a default handcrafted airport without black screens.

2 Likes

Haven’t used it with this build, but that doesn’t sound good.

1 Like

Afraid to say even after updating to the beta a few days ago, I’m still getting the sim time slowing down. Was sat in the PMDG 737-800 (turnaround state) at a default airport (I think it was LEPA) and even just running the timer then, in around 60 seconds of ‘real time’ only around 45 seconds elapsed in sim :slightly_frowning_face: .

Did a quick circuit and was still the same most of the way around.

I haven’t really noticed any other improvements, but appreciate the efforts.