1.37.19 Crashes Every Single Time - Ryzen + Radeon

Can confirm that turning off all live data has fixed this issue. I guess I can start turning them on one at a time. Fortunately my logbook doesn’t have much in it so even though I can’t get to the menu I can just delete my cloud save.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll give that a try first before rolling back my drivers since I can get to those menus.

Perfect, those would be the steps to follow.
It will be a little more time-consuming but it will be worth it.
You gradually activate everything one by one and see where the problem would be.
The truth is that I haven’t suffered from CTD in a long time.
I have traffic disabled. ATC disabled, multiplayer disabled and azure voices disabled.
All in ultra photogrammetry activated with V-Sync activated with 50% for my 60Hz 4k TV to lock the fps at 30 and smooth and stable.
I hope I can help!!
Enjoy the flights!!
Have a nice day !!

That worked! I turned off all the live data and was just able to successfully complete a 30 minute flight with no issues. Thanks!

1 Like

So, I turned all of the streaming data off. Went one by one and turned them back on. All back on now with no issues. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I forgot to mention something important like installing the English language pack in the United States (I don’t know its locations so this step may not be due to the fact that it will already be by default)
Another important thing for me is also before running MSFS 2020 I always delete the content of these 2 folders that I put below.

C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes

C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\FlightSimulator

(Deleting the contents of these folders before starting MSFS 2020 will cause it to do an actual read of the contents of your community folder. Thus ruling out a possible conflict with a recently moved or deleted addon.)

Same problem - downloaded mandatory update now the sim won’t load on either ‘normal’ or ‘safe’ modes. Checking for updates takes anything up to 10 minutes - then moves onto next screen eventually before multiple CTD. Was working perfectly before this latest ‘mandatory’ now it’s next to useless.

I can’t get the sim to load at all to be able to switch off live data :cry:

1 Like

Hello
This may be due to a half-downloaded package or a problem unzipping said package.
Go to your folder path:

C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore

Once here, go down to the bottom and verify that there is not something blank half downloaded or unzipped.
If so, delete it and start MSFS 2020 again.

I jumped in with both feet and restored my Community folder and all my add-ons and just successfully completed another flight with no issues. It’s just about 3am here so I’m going to call it a night, but when I get back up I’ll try adding back in the Live stuff to see if that works or if I’m back at square one again.

2 Likes

Just checked that folder and nothing seems amiss - I do see folders and files that were dated earlier this morning with the mandatory update. Am attaching the latest event viewer log in case that points at something for you?

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 18/06/2024 11:08:13
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DESKTOP-81LVMFE
Description:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.37.19.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.37.19.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000102581b
Faulting process ID: 0x3d98
Faulting application start time: 0x01dac1661741d9ee
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.37.19.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.37.19.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: c51d68b7-2641-456d-8566-85f9e2ea3c85
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.37.19.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
DESKTOP-81LVMFE

FlightSimulator.exe
FlightSimulator.exe
c0000005
000000000102581b
3d98
01dac1661741d9ee
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.37.19.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.37.19.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
c51d68b7-2641-456d-8566-85f9e2ea3c85
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.37.19.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App

The error log indicates that the Flight Simulator application has crashed. Here is an analysis of the error components:

1. Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe
  2. Application version: 1.37.19.0
  3. Exception code: 0xc0000005 (This exception typically indicates access to an invalid memory location. It can be due to software issues or a conflict with another program.)
  4. Fault offset: 0x000000000102581b
  5. Faulting process ID: 0x3d98
  6. Faulting application start time: 0x01dac1661741d9ee
  7. Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.37.19.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
  8. Report ID: c51d68b7-2641-456d-8566-85f9e2ea3c85
  9. Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.37.19.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
  10. Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Possible Causes and Solutions:

1. Invalid Memory Access:
  • Drivers: Ensure that all drivers, especially for the graphics card, are up to date.
  • Updates: Check for updates for Flight Simulator and the operating system.
  1. Software Conflict:
  • Antivirus: Make sure your antivirus is not interfering with the game’s execution.
  • Background Applications: Try closing all unnecessary applications before running the game.
  1. Corrupt Files:
  • Reinstallation: Consider uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
  • Integrity Verification: If the platform from which you installed the game allows it, verify the integrity of the game files.
  1. Hardware Issues:
  • RAM: Test your RAM with tools like MemTest86 to ensure there are no faults.
  • Hard Drive/SSD: Check the health of the hard drive or SSD where the game is installed.

Additional Steps:

• Additional Logs: Check other event logs in the Windows Event Viewer to see if there are other related errors.
  • Forums and Technical Support: Search Flight Simulator forums and Microsoft’s technical support page to see if other users have experienced similar issues and if there are documented solutions.

Recommendation:
Go to settings in Windows-Applications-Installed applications-Microsoft Flight Simulator-Advanced options and in reset click repair.

Thanks for your help with this @ToniGsxr600 - I’ve tried what you suggest but with no luck. I’m guessing that there was an issue with the update as I’m seeing others reporting problems like mine after downloading the update. Everything was working as it should before the update.

1 Like

I hope and wish that you can solve it as soon as possible.
I will continue investigating to help you.

Same for me ; same condition that described since friday. Long update, crash before FLY button 90% Time or 10% crash within 5’ of flight. Normal and Safe mode.

Waiting for an update.

Win 11 up to date
Dx11 or dx12 same issue
NVidia RTX 4060ti up to date
I9 11k serie

Just happened to me after the minor update yesterday. Crashes every time I get the main screen. Hangs up occasionally when checking for updates. I’m relieved to know I’m not alone.

Win 11 up to date
DX12
NVidia RTX 3080 up to date
I9 12K series

1 Like

The Nvidia and Intel faction has taken over power over this Ryzen and Radeon focused thread :thinking: :rofl:

Concerning this thread title…My system: Ryzen 7800, RX 7800, Quest 3
Had a good and stable performance during the whole beta testing, used DX 12.
Since the new version 1.37.19 CTD’s.
Changed to DX 11 and HAGS OFF: Good and stable performance. Again. No crashes.

1 Like

Thanks ; HAGS off and most important, data cache off and manual cache deleted.

Works fine and no CTD

1 Like

Is there a way to turn off Live Data if i cant get to the main menu?

Im getting CTD at 75% game load, before the main menu shows up.

The alternative would be to unplug the PC from the internet. In this case, wouldnt the game get stuck at “checking for updates?”