1.37.19 Crashes Every Single Time - Ryzen + Radeon

If you are an MS Store version user, you can use the Xbox app to allow “offline” use of your game purchases. Look under the settings for the Xbox app. I think you have to click your profile picture in the top left of the app to see how to access settings.

Doing so will allow you launch and use games without an Internet connection (provided said games don’t require an online connection).

The startup process for MSFS will take longer and may throw an error dialog box at you about not being able verify your license, but you can clear that and it will continue to load.

I’ve used this technique recently to see if I could avoid the dreaded stuck on Checking for Updates issue (it worked) chronicled elsewhere in the forum.

See if that works for you.

If we can try it and see…
Once the step has been skipped, if it does not progress it would be to connect the internet again.
Another thing we can also try is on this route:
C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

remove UserCfg.opt from here and take it to a safe place just in case (do not delete it, just keep it somewhere else so that a new one can be generated.)
Start the simulator to see and let’s cross our fingers and see.

Still the same @ToniGsxr600 but thanks for the suggestion :wink:

I’m sorry :frowning:
I’ll try to think of more things to see if we can solve it soon.

I think this thread has morphed into several different topics, but concerning the CTDs you were experiencing when loading: have you tried today? I just loaded MSFS fine without issues, despite numerous CTDs when loading yesterday. Whatever issue we were experiencing around that same time yesterday, it seems to be fine now.

A ridiculous thing to say considering multiple people across Intel, AMD, and Nvidia systems were experiencing the same CTD when loading. No need to turn this into an AMD vs Intel thing.

1 Like

I did not try launching MSFS again this morning to see if there was still an issue, but I tried the Xbox offline suggestion and was able to get to the main screen without crashing. I went back into the Xbox app and reversed the selection and tried launching MSFS again. I was stuck in one of the Checking for Updates loops for about 5 minutes then finally made it to the main screen.

1 Like

I could be wrong but… My intuition tells me that it was the rotating cache settings being turned off/on that actually fixed it. Not the online stuff.

If the Xbox application fails, you can try your tool.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool

Click on Downloadable version

Just throwing this out there. But do ya’ll think the issue might be the servers again? A lot of you got to 75% before CTD. Others said it CTD at takeoff. And yet others said they got to the map page and it crashed. One guy said a lot of the planes were not showing in the sim. I know MS has had quite a bit of server issues lately. I got the mandatory update yesterday and didn’t have any issues after doing a 2 hour flight. Servers could also account for the long boot times. Some have said turning off all online items fixed the issue for them. Just an idea.

It certainly could be. For a few hours last night, quite a few people where getting CTDs (exception 0x80000003) when loading. Today, doesn’t seem to be an issue for me despite absolutely nothing changing.

Include me here.

I can’t get past the Asobo or Blackshark splash screens without an immediate CTD.

What is going on with these new issues? Shouldn’t the sim, at this point in its lifespan/development cycle/update routine, be at its most robust?

7800X3D
RX 7900XTX
The rest is in my profile.

As I said here:

EDIT:

Yes, because I put my PC in Airplane mode and I was able to boot the sim, successfully, without the CTD.

EDIT2:

Let me add that once the sim had launched, turning OFF Airplane mode allowed the sim to establish an online connection with all services. I did not need to go into Options > Data to do this. Simply turning off Airplane mode was all that was needed.

EDIT3:

Well, that may have allowed me to boot the sim successfully and reestablish the online connections, but all my 3rd-party Marketplace content is not loaded; meaning it does not appear in My Hangar, however it does show it is loaded in the Content Manager.

It is actually worse than this. I’m not even seeing MS content, such as the A320neo V2 and the yellow Pitts Special.

SIGH.

I’ve proposed a feature for FS24 - Automated Crash Reporting & Telemetry to make Asobo aware of CTDs rather than wait for community reporting. If you think it’s a good idea, please feel free to upvote.

very well could of been server side because it’s loading normal today i just wish i would have known yesterday before i did a clean install

1 Like

Having the same issue here - MSFS updated and now crashes at 75%.

Using NVIDIA - so obviously a wider issue than just card drivers

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.37.19.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.37.19.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0000000001dfc840
Faulting process id: 0x3B6C
Faulting application start time: 0x1DAC1BA01473D0C
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.37.19.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.37.19.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: e36ed5c2-fc64-4225-a755-78387b235012
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.37.19.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Strange, mine miraculously started working again today despite your same situation last night.

Give it a break and try later. If this is a server-side issue, there’s not much you can really do.

Same issue here after the little MSFS updated and now crashes at 75% of loading or a few second after the menu main screen…

all update check
safe mode or normal mode check

Not flight tonight :frowning:

One more that has the same issue, only with this update.
Microsoft Store (Xbox) version.

Win11 latest updates, 4070Ti Super latest drivers, crash to desktop after a (long) check for updates. First time it crashed after it reported that it had updates, afterwards, just crashes when loading and advertising the Caribbean update.

Same here.

Same Here same 75% loading in, and poof CTD

Exact same thing is happening to me. Never have I had an issue with this before. 75% CTD every time!