[1.37.4.0] SU15 Beta Survey - Performance (PC)

Please indicate your playability of the sim with the following statement - PC performance (frames per second) in this build is generally:
  • Great
  • Good
  • Acceptable
  • Poor
0 voters

To report a bug, please use the Sim Update 15 Beta section.

:arrow_down: Please provide additional information in the comment section below :arrow_down:

:warning: Reminder:

Sorry to see this going down but unfortunately I am having the worst performance, lots of stutters, with this new beta! Worse than SU14 and worse than SU15 first beta! Not sure why this is happening but hope Asobo can figure this out. I have a good rig but I am seeing constant deterioration of performance with every SU and the recent betas! I was hoping we would see improvements with all the hype that was made in the Live Development Update!

Very stuttery game now!

3090 RTX, 12900KF, 64GB 4,400 Memory.

3 Likes

Have you tried to take steps such as deleting your Rolling Cache and NVIDIA caches too? This may help with some of the stutters and performance degradation you are seeing.

Thanks
The MSFS Team

6 Likes

Try delete the Usercfg.opt file and redo your settings. Works for me after every update.

After this, in case you using DX11, switch to DX12, load a flight, switch back to DX11, restart sim and check now.

I know it sounds stupid snake oil but for some reason its working for me. No clue why…

2 Likes

Still super smooth for me.

Just tested this version with similar method I’ve did earlier (check my comment in the performance survey for 1.37.2.0 too).
I’ve had an NVIDIA driver update too and I don’t use rolling cache.
First I’ve started the sim after updating everything and it got worse for sure. The performance was more/less around SU14.
After this I’ve deleted all NVIDIA shader caches. The next run get similar performance results as the previous Beta version of SU15, but with more stuttering. Better than SU14 and earlier but felt a bit worse than the previous Beta.
Checking my HWInfo64 logs and comparing them they were pretty much similar to the earlier Beta result with 1 distinctive difference - the Physical RAM usage was lot lower. The difference changed between about 10-20% (2-4Gbytes). Similar was the graph and the tendency checking the Virtual Memory Committed values.

Butter smooth since I went into the beta! Before I was having stuttering like crazy when i’d look around every like 5 or 10 degrees as the sim loads stuff. There are still a few times it will stop for a sec but its 5% of what it was. Limited by Mainthread still but maintaining 50FPS in a decently dense area. 5120x1440 2 monitors but only one running the sim right now. Super happy with the changes but still room to go.

4090 24GB
9900KS 5.0ghz
64gb ram
4TB M.2 SSD
Max settings DLSS and Frame Gen

Actually my perfomance with SU15 is better than SU14 . System is very smooth , FPS always from 50 70. Graphic’s settings are on ultra, DLSS on settled on quality, no frame gen, tlod at 150, latest nvidia driver realese
I fly only with FBW A20N or Fenix A320 because I have A320 home cockpit

I9-14900K
RTX4080
RAM 32 Gb
3 SSD 2TB 4th gen

Best Regards

Enrico

SU15 Performance is good with my setup. I don’t observe stutters or other visual degradation. However, I also didn’t had problems with SU14, so for me performance is essential unchanged.

I noticed that somehow the CPU is now utilized differently as I get much higher CPU temperature spikes when flying at higher altitude compared to SU14. With SU14 I get repetitive short CPU usage spikes that lead to temperature below 80°C. With SU15 those spikes go to over 90°C:

I reduced the allowed max temperature in BIOS to 80°C and it does not seem to affect the performance at all during those spikes.

I wonder what the sim is doing there. It is not plane specific, so I assume it has to do with flying at cruise altitude. Is there a discussion or bug report for this issue somewhere that I could contribute to?

Tested so far with Citation Longitude, ATR and FBW A320neo.

Setup:
RTX4070
7800X3D
RAM 32GB
SSD 1TB
1440p 144Hz
FPS max 48 via nvidia
latest drivers / bios for everything

3 Likes

This build is better, less stuttery than before, still room for more improvement. I have been getting very occasional approx 30sec pauses where it is completely unresponsive, before it springs back to life and works again. I’ve no idea what could be triggering this.

Did some Tests now with performance on my usual 10-15 minute flight, and the result was that it was the most fluid with DX12 (which I haven’t used much up until now) and with SMT deactivated.
I already got much more stable frametimes with the previous beta, but now it even stays in the high 50s in DX12 in situations where it would drop to the low 50s in DX11 in same/similar conditions.
My system is now mainly GPU limited with my optimized settings until I fly into Photogrammetry territory, where it turns to a fight between main threat and gpu.
And all of this with community scenery addons installed (WeLoveVFR, mamudesign’s stuff, GAIST V3 and a couple of photogrammetry addons for my region).

I have a solid 60 fps with vsync 90% of the time now.

2560x1440 TAA 100%
default ultra except TLOD 150 and clouds on high
5800x3d SMT off
3080ti
Win10

Better than v1.37.2.0, noticeably better than current released version. I can deliberately force stutters by maxing out all settings & flying around large airports (see this link for more details, settings & PC specs).

I expect this behavior for my PC specs. I built my PC to fly primarily GA & bush flights. If I wanted to fly complex 3rd-party airliners out of KJFK & similar airports on a regular basis I would have purchased a more powerful CPU & GPU combo for my build.

For my GA & bush flights, build v1.37.2.0 is almost completely stutter free when using AI Offline traffic (at 100%). Last night I flew a “smoothness performance” test flight from Amsterdam to Lydd in the UK via Ostend at an altitude of between 100 & 300 ft AGL @ ~250 knots (except over the Channel - rose to 1,000 ft) and had no stutters at all. Smooth as silk. 60 FPS (My monitor’s refresh rate) or higher ~ 97% of the time. Impressive performance & a lot of fun to fly! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve switched to Real-Time Online traffic this morning to see if there will be any degradation in performance with this change.

I did all that! I even deleted the content, cfg, SimConnect and Scenery Index files as well as the rolling cache, Nvida cache (various locations) and installed an older version of Nvidia driver which I know I had better performance, and the performance is worse than SU14. I don’t necessary care for FPS but it’s very stuttery. Specially with clouds around!

3090 RTX, 12900KF, 64GB 4,100 memory.

1 Like

It continues to be a problem for me too, like in SU14.

1 Like

Same exact experience. The last 3 days have been a complete stutter fest on my 4090, i9-13900k.

2 Likes

Great to know! And you have an even more powerful system than mine!

Literally at KLAX and it’s a slide show. I think I’m bowing out of this beta. Maybe the worst one I’ve experienced.

2 Likes

This is the worst beta I’ve had in a long time. Every update worsens the sim. It looks like an old car that you fix one thing and breaks another’s

4 Likes

Yeah! For me it is also the worst one! I hope Asobo figures it out! Seems like some people are having a better experience…

2 Likes

Beta 1 was smooth as butter… then whatever they changed to help the Xbox group with their black avionic screens seems to have a negative impact on my PC.

6 Likes