[1.37.4.0] SU15 Beta Survey - Stability (Xbox)

Please indicate your playability of the sim with the following statement - Xbox stability in this build is generally:
  • Better than the current public retail build
  • About the same as the current public retail build
  • Worse than the current public retail build
  • Unable to tell
0 voters

To report a bug, please use the Sim Update 15 Beta section.

:arrow_down: Please provide additional information in the comment section below :arrow_down:

:warning: Reminder:

Hi folks,

This beta build includes several performance and stability improvements, including some targeted specifically for the Xbox platform, namely:

• Various crash fixes across the title.
  • Fixed an issue where the model matching for AI traffic would spawn more than usual non-optimized traffic models resulting in performance and memory regression.
  • Improvements to reduce the probability of avionics randomly turning off on Xbox

Please use this thread to share your feedback and let us know if these improvements have had the desired effect of improving stability compared to both the previous 1.37.3.0 beta build and the 1.36.2.0 release build.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

2 Likes

I’m fairly sure if I was running the latest beta build earlier, when multiplayer at TNCM triggered black-screens pretty quickly. Shortly thereafter, textures began dropping out until entire buildings on and around the airfield were missing. My multiplayer buddy’s plane also vanished (it just showed its lights and a gamertag). Unlike SU14, however, it did not CTD.

The issue is, when you’ve no screens and no terminals, there’s little point continuing in the sim, so whether or not it CTDs is immaterial.

You weren’t on the latest beta update earlier. I’m on SU14 and got the update earlier too. It was just an airac update. I may try the beta again tomorrow, and see if things have improved but it’s very time consuming going back and forth between beta and SU14.

Just a quick note that the AIRAC cycle showing in the 787 is from 2022 … starting with 1.37.3.0, and even after today’s 1.37.4.0 update. (Xbox X)

Having been back to SU14, I am preferring the beta. It’s easy to forget with the flaws of the beta just how bad SU14 was!

But neither are perfect (unless today’s updated build changes anything). I did one flight after downloading an almost-400mb update about an hour ago — to IniBuilds’ KDTW — and it was much smoother than when I last flew there (a solid but previously very stuttery airport). No black screens either but whether this was due to the latest build, I’ve no idea. Didn’t fly to KDTW in the initial beta.

2 Likes

Folks, I have been struggling with what feedback to place in the Performance survey thread vs this Stability survey thread. How are you thinking differently about each category and how are you making the distinctions. Trying to maximize the value of my time in beta and the quality of my input to the devs. Any clarifying thoughts welcome!

Hello @Nikita,

Stability refers to issues like crashes and black avionics. Performance is how smoothly the sim renders graphics on the screen (frames per second) and issues like stuttering/choppiness.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

4 Likes

First impressions xbox X:

Regular test flight LVFR A330 (similar experience with asobo A320) ESMS (orbx) spawn on rwn17. All screens stay black (same as beta .3 on all tried non generic airports)
Takeoff. Screens turn on at 4000ft after 5-10km (MUCH better than beta 3. which required me to fly 50km or more out across the baltic sea before they came on)
Approach: screens stay on until last 5-10km before landing (also huge improvement compared to 50-80km in beta .3)
Docked at gate ESMS orbx. Airport loaded most details (beta .3 didnt load addon airports properly)
CTD after a few mins at gate, when starting to request ground service.

Restarted sim. Fresh sim, going into marketplace to check new releases. CTD after 5 minutes on marketplace world map.

Second restart of sim. Straigt to marketplace world map. CTD within 30 seconds.

So first impression beta .4: less black screens. More CTD, including in the marketplace…

Beta .3 seemed a bit more stable, whereas the black screens and LOD suffered more.

Will test more before i leave a vote above.

2 Likes

I only tested for half an hour. Initial findings:

All available traffic options enabled, using LVFR A320 CEO

LAX(Asobo) avionics turned on, but. Extremely low FPS, stuttering. After using drone for 2 minutes, black screens and CTD

Houston Bush(3rd party) avionics turned on, but pretty low FPS and and some stuttering.

Vancouver (3rd party) best results so far. Avionics turned on and average to good FPS.

These were very early findings. Based on this, I can see improvements regarding avionics. They turn on now when starting cold&dark, before they wouldn’t even turn on. Not good and somewhat surprising are the low(er) FPS I noticed so far, especially on LAX Asobo handcrafted. But I believe this airport has always been troublesome with FPS. But FPS are for the performance category.

Tomorrow I will test more properly.

[Moderator Edit: Please do not ping the Community Managers] could you explane more about the model matching on Xbox? How does it work? Because I see a lot of EasyJet A320’s on US soil etcetera.

2 Likes

Please post your traffic settings?

XboxX
Options traffic everything on / 100%.
Options Data everything on, except multiplayer (no gamepass active anyway).

I accidentaly ended up landing the A330 on asobo EDDF this morning and was stunned to see 20-30 live ai planes, and even more stunned that the sim did not CTD (beta .3).
(Of course the avionics were black, because beta .3 seemed to shut them down close to any addon airport I tried.)

1 Like

I just don’t know what to make of this any more. I can’t keep on top of what’s doing what and whether any improvements are genuine or just placebos. Heck, I wasn’t even sure a couple of hours ago what build I was actually running! Re the latest (which I’m definitely now on), it seems far more stuttery and I don’t have reverse thrust in the PMDG 738. I’ve already read that the reverse thrust thing is a known issue with some aircraft.

Giving with one hand; taking with the other. That’s the Xbox experience in a nutshell and I’m beginning to doubt whether things will be any better with FS2024…

We are in the first weeks of beta, my friend. This is all normal. Relax and give it some time. If it gets too much on your nerves, enjoy a break in the standard version and let the beta mature a week or … four. :sunglasses:

Unfortunately, never having a fully functional sim on console is also the norm. My optimism for SU15 and even FS2024 is ebbing away. I really hope they can sort it; meanwhile I’m back to SU14. The current beta build is just way too unpredictable.

3 Likes

Second impression:

XboxX ESMS (orbx) in asobo A320neo (less complex than a330)
Ils flightplan.
Spawn on rwy17 with everything working! (never happened in beta .3 )
1h night flight into dawn at EYKA Kaunas (mxi addon) flawless.
Avionics died on touchdown. Taxi to gate and engine shutdown. When requesting ground services the sim CTD after requesting baggage service.

So black avionics and LOD definitely improved compared to beta .3.
But more CTD like in retail build… and some stuttering is back from su14.
Beta .3 was more stable.

1 Like

You picked that up as quickly as I got Ini’s EGNM! :grin:

1 Like

:laughing: :+1:t4:
Yeah. EYKA has a fair price (€10 or something) for a quite detailed little airport in a region which hasnt been spoilt with attention.

Made an excellent destination for a beta flight.

1 Like

X Box X - 150+ add ons (Aircraft, Airports and Environmental enhancements)

Here is my take on the latest Beta - some things seem better and some still problematic with this latest build.

I tentatively feel that over all this is a slight improvement. I have only tried a few things so far.

This is with lots of add ons and full traffic enabled - I know this makes conclusions difficult BUT it’s a good comparative ‘test’ and a realistic take on what many simmers who do have add ons can expect. At the end of the day the sim needs to be able to cope with add ons!

What is good?

Less stutters - when flying analogue (Robin) it’s beautiful and the environment is looking as good as it ever did - smooth, few less stutters textures/LOD good.

Still issues

When using glass cockpits (cirrus/vision jet tried so far)

There are still black screens as the last build but they seem recover in places where they didn’t in the last build and starting a new flight in places I have screens working whereas the last build I have nothing - except at some airports that have had issues in the past - those that aren’t as optimised as they could be.

Generally I’m seeing less stutters but they are still there. On well optimised airports (Sestri for example I have lots going on there but it’s generally well optimised) I can spawn and screens work but the same old culprits (Fly Tampa Corfu is one) black screens - which was ok pre SU14 but has become a problem again.

I cannot fly in the NY area CTD and or BS.

Pyreegue Airports (Glasgow, Belfast, East Midlands, Edinburgh) ok (no surprise - this guy is a genius - Thankyou!).

Each new flight requires a complete fresh restart other wise memory issues begin - more black screens , AI aircraft begin to loose definition and become simple angular shapes etc

I’ve had a CTD on first sprawling in busy areas.

Conclusion

Flying analogue beautiful and smooth (flying the Cirrus and Robin) feels as real as it ever has - the flight characteristics are I recognise from flying the real aircraft it’s a thrill to experience this in the sim so these flight model improvements are working)

Flying glass cockpits in areas that don’t contain build up areas seems fine

Flying glass cockpits at well optimised airports better than previous build less BS less stutters

Flying glass cockpits at well optimised airports without fresh start BS but recovers when flying away (better)

Flying glass cockpits in airports and busy city areas that aren’t well optimised (but were ok pre SU14 ie ok in SU13) BS, some stuttering and some CTD - disappointing BUT better than previous build

So I think there is progress but still work to be done guys. Thanks for the efforts so far hope this progress continues. If you’re flying in the Beta this weekend there are things to enjoy and be hopeful about, despite the issues that remain. Happy landings!

5 Likes

I am also finding the SU15 Beta much smoother than SU14. Xbox Series X, TCA Throttle & Flight stick, VRR.

I flew from EGNX (Pryguee) to EGLL(Asobo PD) in the B747-8 (Regular short test) and had the best end to end experience I’ve had in the B747. It is noticeably smoother IMO.

I’m away for a couple of weeks but based on this experience I am leaving with a more positive feeling about SU15.