1.6.34.0 | Screen Narrator turns on every time you edit Tail Number

ISSUE DESCRIPTION

Description of the issue:
Every time you start editing the Tail Number, the Screen Narrator turns itself on and starts speaking.

FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

How often does this occur for you (Example: Just once, every time on sim load, intermittently)?
Every time.

REPRODUCTION STEPS

Please list clear steps you took in order to help our test team reproduce the same issue:

  1. Open Settings > Accessibility > Narration and audio > and confirm that “Enable Screen Narrator” is OFF. Click “Save and Back”

  2. Navigate to Free Flight > Change Aircraft > Configuration > Identification > Tail Number

  3. Begin editing the Tail Number, and Narrator will turn itself on and start speaking.

  4. Go back to Settings > Accessibility > Narration and audio > and you will see that Enable Screen Narrator" has turned itself on.

YOUR SETTINGS

If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the User Support Hub.

What peripherals are you using:
Keyboard, Mouse, Controller

[PC Only] Are you using Developer Mode or have you made any changes to it?
No

[PC, MSFS 2020 Only] Are you using DX11 or DX12?
DX12

[PC Only] What GPU (Graphics Card) do you use?
RTX 5090

[PC Only] What other relevant PC specs can you share?
9800X3D / TAA / Ultra

MEDIA



check your keyboard bindings.
Toggle Screen Narrator default keyboard binding is ALT+BACKSPACE.
Check whether ALT is not inadvertenly active while editing tail number

It is not active.

I have changed the keyboard binding for: Toggle Screen Narrator
From: “ALT BACKSPACE” (default)
To: “SHIFT BACKSPACE”
in order to use “ALT BACKSPACE” for something else.

However, when editing the Tail Number, If I press “Shift” it should NOT activate screen narrator unless SHIFT AND BACKSPACE are pressed together.

I had reported a bug a while back where keyboard bindings would activate even when the keys pressed did not match

Cannot reproduce. I have updated my Toggle Screen Narrator mapping to “SHIFT BACKSPACE” and when updating the tail number using SHIFT only it does not trigger the screen narrator.

Out of curiosity, I checked if I could reproduce this in the SU5 beta.
Editing the tail number doesn’t trigger the narrator.

@GimbalAxis : are you still experiencing the issue ?

No, seems to be fixed for me, I’m in SU5 Beta.

Moved to User Support Hub since issue seems to be fixed in SU5 Beta and no one else reported it in the Live version.