10FPS with RTX 3080 in VR with Reverb G2. Solutions?

With the zlin shock i got the 60 in the air. The simpler the aircraft the more fps.

Right now I’m running with a MSI Mortar AMD 5800X, EVGA 3090 FTW3, GSkill Trident 32GB of RAM and Corsair AIO watercooled system. My display is the HP Reverb G2 with the Logitech X52. Just want to fly around and get smooth…please help. Do I need to upgrade anything?

Your post would be so funny, if it weren’t sad… Top of the line GPU, high-end CPU, you have a stellar system. And you are asking about upgrading? It’s the MSFS that needs to be “upgraded” so it would run well on high-end PCs. Maybe Nvidia drivers too… Looks like there’s nothing we can really do, but some mitigation with settings.

Joining @RomanDesign here:

Yes you have to upgrade your whole computer in changing it to a real aircraft! You’ll get smooth and accurate flight models, realistic weather conditions, accurate turbulences and the thrill of your life :joy: !

I tried a lot of different things now. The in game render scale is 60; OpenXR Deverloper Tool is 65 (I can’t go any lower otherwise Motion Reprojection has errors). Within the game settings I have decreased everything to Low; shadows off; reflections off; terrain and object detail to 75. And only when I do all that at least it’s not a slide show however it’s so blurry it’s not even funny. Hurts my eyes and everything looks terrible.

Have you looked to this:
My 2070 SUPER VR settings and suggestion (Reverb G2 - WMR)

Thanks I looked at this the other day and the thing that I was confused about is that you’re using SteamVR but I have been using OpenXR Developer Tools for WMR. Do I still need to run steamVR? I saw in youtube video this guy named FlightSimGuy saying not to use SteamVR as it not as good as OpenVR. This is all so confusing…

The only option for me (on a high end system) is flying simple aircraft without a G1000. Great for VFR flying but not for IFR.

CptLucky8, it seems I was having the mouse bug stutter that you described down your page where by using the mouses causes the motion reprojection to stop. The tip you gave to keep the mouse pointer over the checklist, tower comm menu, or map until it disappears did the trick for me. However, I did run into an issue where at one point the mouse pointer completely gets lost and I couldn’t recover it. Seems what happens is that the mouse can’t tell if it’s in 3D space or VR space. Anyway, thanks for posting that solution. At least it is playable for me now. I was able to increase the OpenXR render scale and in game scale both to 80 and it was smooth in a city area

1 Like

I get 3 to 5 extra fps with the g1000 community mod. If i turn of the terrain data on the main screen.

Solution is here (2080 RTX 30 FPS LOCK WITH OPENXR REPROJECTION AND DEFAULT SETING)

1. SET HEADSET HMD TO 60 HZ IN WINDOWS
  2. DOWNLOAD THE LATEST OPEN XR FOR DEV
  3. SET OPEN XR RENDER SCAL TO 60 % (DO NOT SET UNDER 60%)
  4. ACTIVATE REPROJECTION
  5. IN THE GAME SET GRAPHIC TO DEFAULT
  6. ENJOY !

If you want to monitor the reprojection :

I’m surprised you don’t get any distortion at 60 with reproj. On my system with the G2 it takes at least 65 to eliminate these.

2 Likes

Yes confirm below 60 distortion is very big. At 60 it is good enough for me.

do you try to set 60 HZ on the G2 ?
because with 90HZ the reprojection try to catch 45 FPS, and in fact it’s not possible with a 2080 SUPER and 10600K overclock to 4.8 and 32GB RAM 3600 Mhz.
That why i set my G2 to 60 HZ. I notice that nobody find this on the internet. And this is the solution, if you want reprojection working fine.

The strobing at 60hz is pretty bad though.

1 Like

Have you read “My VR Settings - G2” ? (link above)

in fact, if you set to 50, you will have distortion, after set 60, same distortion. Reboot , no distortion.
This need to be confirmed.

First time I ever flew looking out of the sides without stuttering!!! There is other issues with 60HZ as when I move the head there can be some “fuzzyness” but to actually look out and down and have a non stuttering view that was great!
I wish I could have both on this relative High-end computer I7-10700KF - OC to 5,2Mhs, Ausu TUF 3080 running boost speed and 32Gb ram, but maybe Ican’t have it all yet…

1 Like

Or maybe you can:
My 2070 SUPER VR settings and suggestion (Reverb G2 - WMR)

I have been reading that from start to finish and adjusting along the way…
I just can’t seem to get the crisp’nes that people are talking about.
When in the 172 I can read the analog gauges really well but at the same time the buttons for controlling the AP to the right EFIS is not crisp at all.
When I look at the yoke and out to the wings and tire these are perfect crisp in picture but if I look forward down the runway lights and the PAPI lights, taxi signs etc. it’s a blur and it just don’t look good.
What I have noticed is that no matter(almost) what I enable in the VR setup I get an overall great framerate, but changing settings and sliders in FS and OpenXR never get the overall crisp’nes that I can hear others experience…
but I will keep trying and hoping for a setup miracle :slight_smile: and thanks @CptLucky8 for your big research - that is really admirable that works you do for helping us all in our sim community.

2 Likes