13900K vs 7800X3D with Varjo Aero

I know this topic has been discussed, but I am on the fence about upgrading from my 13600K. I have just purchased the Varjo Aero and while I think the 13900K will be fine, has anyone had any experience with the 13900K vs the AMD 7xxx X3D cpus and the Varjo? I am using a 4090 GPU.

On the surface it seems like it would make more sense to just go with the 13900K since I already have a 13th gen Intel setup. But the Simhangar’s video a couple weeks has made me reconsider. The price difference between upgrading to AMD hardware and the 7800X3D and just swapping the 13600K for a 13900K aren’t as drastic as you would think. Any feedback and real world experience would be appreciated.

Unless you’re CPU bound (which you won’t be) there’s no point in changing it. I have a 13900k and it barely uses 10% most of the time in the sim. Occasionally it will go up to 40, and that’s with FSLTL and GAIST Real-time beta.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, what GPU are you using? I’m not seeing anywhere close to 100% GPU utilization with my 4090 in the Reverb G2. Im stuck around 75% in TAA and 100% render scale on the G2 in relatively rural Scotland. I have not tried the Varjo yet, hopefully I will be doing some testing next week. I’m also under the impression that the Varjo is actually less demanding than the G2, but I will have to see that to believe it.