1440p vs 1080p in visual quality?

After today’s update, I thought I may finally upgrade to a 1440p monitor from my 24 inch 1080p one as the sim should be able to handle it much better!

But I just wanted to see your opinions on the visual difference between 1080p and 1440p in the sim, is it worth the $500 or so to upgrade in regards to visual quality for gaming, especially in flight sim?

BTW, running a Ryzen 5 3600 and 2070 Super. How are you folks finding SU5 in 1440p?

Thanks for your input!

1 Like

I’ve got a 3440x1440 ultrawide on a Ryzen 3700X with RTX 2070 Super, so probably similar performance to what you’d see. In my opinion it’s a definite improvement in sharpness, which makes the most difference for reading your avionics – this is more important for IFR flight over VFR flight (need to deal with the instruments and FMS), and for airliners over GA planes (I find the airliner avionics have much smaller text).

If you’re comfortable with the legibility of text as is, maybe it’s not a big deal. But I find it’s a significant improvement, and performance at 1440 (even ultrawide) far beats what I can do at 4K.

Thanks for the reply man. It sounds like a good idea! Obviously the concern is my performance tanks but it sounds like its been working pretty well

1 Like

Plug it into a TV via HDMI if you have those and check it out yourself.
I’m really hoping this update allows my machine to finally run 1440p as before it would temp out.

But it was like a completely different sim at that resolution.

Enable DSR Factor in NVCP and take 1440p out for a spin before upgrading your monitor to make a final decision

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.