2 Questions on Helicopters - Flight Plans and Also Third Party

So I remember hearing that Helipads were coming… is there a way to file a flight plan to a hospital helipad or any helipad for that matter? Also, now that Helicopters are official, will the third party helicopters perform any differently? I have 2 third party helicopters and they seem to need a software add on (PC) … curious if that is still needed.

Thank you all!

There are some helipads now in the sim which you can set as your departure/arrival point. Not that many right now. Aerosoft have also release a North Sea mod/addon that adds lots of helipads to the sim.
My biggest gripe with helipads at the moment is spawning with heli in state to fly, i.e. as if you started on runway. There are lots of us I am sure who would like to start on a helipad cold and dark, this really ought to be a user choice.

The Hyper performance Group have already released an update/beta for the H145 that uses the sim helicopter flight model. Flyinside seem to be sticking with their own flight model for the Bell 47 and their recent announcement for the Bell 206 said it would also use their own flight model.

I suspect other developers will come along using the default helicopter flight model, time will tell on that one really. Cowan Simulation is also developing a 206 for MFFS, I guess they are using the default FM but I do not know for certain.

1 Like

Thank you! I have the free HG 135 but I might now pop for the 145.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.