[20] Live traffic planes no longer turn and fly over the airport at low altitude before the initial climb

Release Note Line Item # and Description:

[20] Live traffic planes no longer turn and fly over the airport at low altitude before the initial climb

Is it fixed as stated?

Yes
No
Partial

If no or partial, please give details below on your findings:

The issue persists. Immediately after launching the SU11 beta last night, I noticed several times at several different airports that the traffic was still behaving as it used too. Live traffic unrealistically made sharp turns and flew at low altitudes across airports shortly after takeoff or during a go-around.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this release note item, Click on the button below to use this template:

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
No
Partial

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
No
x] Partial

It still happens, but it seems less frequent.

Seems to be more frequent to me. I’ve seen it happen countless times just in the few short hours that I’ve used the beta, plus I haven’t spent the whole time on the ground.

Is this fixed as stated?
[ ] Yes
[X ] No

The first aircraft I saw in live traffic mode took off and immediately went over the airport in a circle at very low altitude. I then saw another jetliner cross over from a different direction at low altitude. This was at LAX

1 Like

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
[x ] No
Partial

default airports in central and south america the planes get stuck on the runway and do not take off airports that I have tested is in Colombia for example SKRG, SKCG, SKSP (in this one there is only runway 24 and not 06) among other more airports and this error has been since MSFS came out in 2020

Planes now use along departure procedures, I’ve seen them do this in my limited testing. Unsure how the procedures are assigned but they could maybe be trying to fly a SID for the wrong runway?

Need to do more testing. Something like little navmap allows you to track all the ai around you and also overlay departure procedures onto the map.

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
[X ] No
Partial

Yep, same issue here. It’s worse than before because there’s now tons of traffic!

2 Likes

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
No
Partial

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
No
Partial

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
[X ] No
Partial

Agree with other that it is actually much worse due to increased traffic.

This long standing bug is NOT fixed at all.

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
No
Partial

Live traffic planes still flying at low level over airports like they were prior to update. If there’s any difference in their behaviour, I can’t see it.

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
[x ] No
Partial

issue still visible on Xbox Series X

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
No
Partial

AI aircraft still occasionally flying directly over airports after sharp turns

Does anyone know if this is only supposed to be for AI traffic, or does this also address ATC not providing altitude increases up to the flight level you input into the MCDU? Historically for me the ATC only tells me to get to about 15,000ft and I have to request altitude increases to my actual flight level.

I’ve never experienced that issue at all. I doubt this is related.

I don’t know if it’s related to this topic but when I launch the game AI starts descending to low altitudes and then they climb back.

I should clarify, the issue with the ATC not instructing me to the altitude I put in the MCDU only occurs when I don’t use the flight planner/world map to setup my flights. I use the FMS/MCDU to setup my flights and for that everything works fine except for ATC stepping me up to my cruising altitude. I was hoping the fix would cover that as well.

I usually use the world map, so that would explain why I haven’t experienced that. It still sounds like an unrelated issue though. Are you putting the cruise alt into the INIT page?

Departing aircraft level off at 1000ft. No further climb.

AI Traffic Live is still leveling off after takeoff !!!
Its not fixed.