200k downloads: 🛩️ Thank You, Flight Sim Community!

Thanks to the incredible flight sim community for embracing my Microsoft Flight Simulator small freeware scenery addons. We’ve hit a milestone of 200,000 downloads ! As an amateur developer, pursuing this passion outside my primary profession, which isn’t connected to the world of flight simulation, this achievement means the world to me :wink:

None of this would have been possible without the fantastic MSFS integrated scenery editor and, most importantly, the unwavering support from this amazing community. Your tutorials, forum posts, videos, user’s feedback have been invaluable in shaping all these small projects.

Thank you for soaring alongside me on this exhilarating journey. Here’s to countless more flights and adventures together! :airplane::earth_africa: #FlightSimCommunity #MSFS #Gratitude If you want to discover my addons : Flightsim.to - Profile of vbazillio

Avg rating Screenshot 2023-12-02 080529

50 Likes

Thank you for your wonderful work!!!

2 Likes

That’s awesome!

Thank you for all your time put into doing them.

2 Likes

Congratulations, and thank you for your great little airports.

3 Likes

Congrats!! Really appreciate the work you do :saluting_face::airplane:

1 Like

A big thank you for your hard work and dedication supporting us, Congratulations, may god grant you thousand Camels! :joy:

1 Like

If the World Hub allows for it, do you have any plans for making these airports available through it so that, hopefully, X Box users could enjoy your work?

Thank you, Vincent!

I’ve appreciated your generosity and dedication to updating and improving your excellent work.

Congratulations on this achievement!

1 Like

Unfortunately, as far as I understand, the World Hub will only allow to make minor change (taxiway name, taxiway signs, apron layout…) but obviously not allows to add your own objects in quantity as a standalone project. But I’m not alpha (despite candidate) and don’t have seen much of the upcoming product. Let’s wait and see.

1 Like

Well, I hope they decide to allow the import of custom objects because your work looks great and I’m hoping people like yourself can greatly improve the base sim and maybe force a small handful of 3rd party developers to step up their game if they are going to charge for their work.
Maybe you should sell your airports on the marketplace?

2 Likes

@Vincent1064 Congrats! I’ll echo that as an XBox user, it would be great to see these on the Marketplace. Have you explored applying for the partner program? Not sure what the economics look like beyond the initial registration cost, but I know there are other freeware devs that are selling on the marketplace.

1 Like

Now that you say it I want to know better of freeware/amateur dev going to the MarketPlace. Do you know any?

1 Like

Thanks very much for your airports. I have every single one of them. Makes flying in those areas a whole different experience.

2 Likes

You can try this and mention that your airports are freeware.

1 Like

Thanks for the link. I’m looking for real freeware (and ideally amateur) dev experience without an objective of business but sharing to the console owners. Anyone?

1 Like

IIRC freeware is not allowed on the Marketplace (which is the only way for Xbox users to get addons). There’s a minimum price of 5$ for products sold via the Marketplace.

The guys at GotFriends “solved” this by bundling up all their freeware in a sinlge 5$ download. You may want to contact them.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for all your hard work, may God bless you with thousand Camels! :joy:

1 Like

Sounds like a plan except that I have now around 10 airports that requires here and here update regularly… because I’m amateur and update when I want/can. I can imagine updating this big package for a tiny improvment on a single small airport of the package. But I need to mature on all this. Thanks!

1 Like

I know, I have all of your airports and I see you updating them regularly.
You also probably update them more often than the Marketplace update cycle :sweat_smile:.

There was talk of allowing freeware on the Maketplace, but I don’t know if that’s ever gonna happen.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.