2021 MSFS Charity Endurance Race Series Event 1: Indian Pacific Wing Race (YPPH to YSSY) Update: Prize from Microsoft!

Hi, I have a question, for the SimAir tracking, I downloaded the client, and whenever I log in, it just minimizes the client. Then when I try to open it won’t open. Does it track automatically or how does it work? I was in the middle of a flight when I installed SimAir, in which it didn’t track that flight. So I don’t know if I had to be on the ground and if it just tracks automatically.

You need to register for an account and login on the simair.io website if you haven’t already done so. Then, the first time you launch the client, it should prompt you for your username and password. After that, your flights will be logged automatically (check your logbook on the SimAir website to confirm) whenever you fly in MSFS.

SimAir just feeds to the website, it doesn’t have an interface besides the login window.

I noticed from the original Cannonball Run that there was a difference between people playing with ‘Live Players’ vs ‘All Players’ in the options menu. I did the whole flight in 1 shot with ‘Live players’ and only saw about four other people on takeoff, verses the 30+ I saw on Seedy’s stream. It may be just my experience, but I’ve never used ‘All Players’ and have never had the weather fail to load as expected.

Can anyone who has their weather fail to load consistently check their settings/try the other? If all we have to do in make sure we’re all selected on ‘Live Players’ (which subsequently forces live weather on that same option screen), maybe that can be the way to ensure weather is fair for all competitors. I know that selecting ‘Live Players’ also prevents the weather from being changed within the flight environment, which is my current theory for why weather fails to load for so many users.

This might also be a good way to verify everyone is using the live weather, as if you are not, you will not be visible to players who have selected ‘Live Players.’ Thoughts?

I’d also like to propose a change to rule 1a from 10 minutes to 15 minutes to better equalize the different airspeeds/range of each aircraft and allow extra time for those who wish to completely restart their sim at fuel stops. I know I was able to land, reposition, and refuel only having a couple extra minutes to spare. I don’t think I could have had the game load back in within that 10 minutes and verify simair.io is working correctly, even with my entire system completely on SSDs.

The issue is the 2nd flight live weather not loading bug. ie, you land to refuel and choose to restart your flight to aid framerate…but when you spawn back in using live weather as your setting, weather is clear skies with a 2kt wind from the south west. However, if you don’t use live players and spawn in with the setting ‘clear skies’…and then change your weather to live once in game, it all works fine every time.

2 Likes

Can i use shared cockpit to fly the event with a friend?

Hi @AmbientMuffin6. You’re absolutely welcome to fly the event with a friend for the enjoyment of it and to take part in this community event, but to keep things fair, only solo pilots are eligible to be named the winner of the race.

1 Like

Thanks Seedy friend, im eagered to fly it then!

1 Like

GOOD QUESTION.
Is there a way i can see how many people have registered so far?

I’ll reveal all the stats, including how many people chose each aircraft type, after the registrations are closed.

REMINDER: the deadline to register is 2359Z on March 28. You can register at this link:

Updated OP with this information:

Charity
As part of this event, please consider supporting Australia’s Royal Flying Doctor Service, a not-for-profit aeromedical organization. If you are livestreaming your race, please promote this organization and solicit donations from your viewers.

https://www.flyingdoctor.org.au/donate/

4 Likes

Friendly reminder that the registration deadline (see OP for the sign-up form) is less than two weeks away: 2359Z on Sunday, March 28). I’m really hoping to see a great turn-out for what promises to be a fun community event to raise money for the Royal Flying Doctor Service. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here are some YouTube videos about our charity for this event, Australia’s Royal Flying Doctor Service. What a fantastic organization!

Hey @SeedyL3205 ,

if you don’t want a bunch of people complaining afterwards put the registration deadline in the title and first line of your starting post :wink:

• mo

Hi @mosesve,

The registration deadline is stated twice in the OP in bolded text and has been since the day this thread was created on February 22.

It’s a bit misleading. I understand you can’t use shared cockpit software. Only a live person in the same room flying the same plane. During Covid times, this is certainly a rare thing. Please correct me if I am wrong @SeedyL3205 but it’s the same as last time, correct?

Hi @HowardElvis,

When I organized the Cannonball Run, I created two divisions: one for solo pilots, and one for two people sharing the flying duties (in the same room on the same PC, as you said). However, only ONE team registered for the duo category, so I eliminated it for this event. The 2021 Endurance Races are a solo-only affair now, although as I posted above, anyone who wants to fly together as a team are still more than welcome to participate for fun and to raise money for the charity. They’re just not eligible to be declared the winner as they have an advantage over the solo pilots.

So…how do we tell if FactualGull has taken over while you go for a nap? :wink:

I’ll be live-streaming the entire event, so anyone is welcome to check for themselves. :wink:

I was gonna say, the pitch of the voice will be higher on the stream… she could still wear the helmet and kinda duck down…it’d be hard to tell with the goggles on.

1 Like