2021 MSFS Charity Endurance Race Series Event 1: Indian Pacific Wing Race (YPPH to YSSY) Update: Prize from Microsoft!

All right, count me in. I’ll get registered. Look forward to seeing you all again.

1 Like

Reminder: the registration deadline is coming up later this week, so be sure to get your registration form submitted quickly!

I also updated the OP with this very important new information:

@Jummivana is generously donating one (1) Orbx Cityscape Sydney scenery pack to the winner of this event courtesy of Microsoft!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

@HowardElvis will be hosting a pre-flight planning session for this race on Thursday, March 25 at 5pm ET / 2pm PT / 2100Z. Check it out on his Twitch channel at https://twitch.tv/ForderLearnToFly. Howard previously hosted a similar planning session for last December’s Cannonball Run event that was very well-received and lots of useful information was shared, so you won’t want to miss it!

1 Like

I see people are doing tests for the race :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure if i registered yet, how can i check?

Michael

@IchigoAir I have you confirmed as registered (flying a Cessna 172 steam guage version).

Great, thanks!

Michael

Hi everyone,

Here’s the link to the VOD for @HowardElvis’s flight planning stream yesterday in case you missed it. There’s LOTS of good info here, so I encourage anyone planning to participate in the IndyPac or any of the other Endurance Races to give it a watch.

You can also download of PDF of informational materials @HowardElvis created here:

1 Like

To avoid date/time confusion, I’ve created a countdown timer to the start time of the race. Reminder: the event starts on Sunday, April 4 at 8:00am local time in Perth, Australia. THIS MIGHT BE A DIFFERENT DATE DEPENDING ON YOUR INDIVIDUAL TIME ZONE. For example, the start time is Saturday, April 3 at 8:00pm in North America’s Eastern Time Zone.

1 Like

Is there a standard pilot weight we should enter. If not, I plan to lose 100lbs of virtual weight before the event :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unless something is specifically banned in the rules, this is an “anything goes” event. Be creative and try to come up with inventive strategies that will give you an edge. Just don’t do anything that violates the spirit of friendly competition.

Cheers! Thank you for organizing this event. I really enjoyed watching the last one (KJFK to KLAX), now I can’t wait to join the fun.

2 Likes

Reminder that the sign-up deadline is TODAY! Get your registration completed if you haven’t already.

I’m going to have to bail out guys, my company can’t decide my roster until a day before ruling out any pre-registration… The results will be interesting!

I’ve flown Melbourne to Perth in a C172 before, and Perth to Bali also in a C172 - IRL. But I had breaks and at least one sleep overnight!

Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone,

Registration is now closed! There are 70 people signed up, compared to 105 last December for the Cannonball Run. Considering we don’t have a set of $500+ rudder pedals to give away this time, I’m extremely pleased with the community’s enthusiasm for this event!

You can see all the registrations at the link below. Please make sure your information is entered correctly. For those of you who selected one of the Cirrus SR22, Extra 330LT, or Pitts Special, please remember the rule from the OP that says you can only choose one of those three aircraft for one event in the entire series. For example, if you’re flying the Cirrus on this race, you can’t fly ANY of the Cirrus, Extra, or Pitts on any of the next three races. If you have changed your mind and would like to pick a different aircraft, please let me know your new choice and I will update your registration accordingly.

Finally, there are two registrations where I need additional information. @dangerousbri#468 and @BadDogMuncher, I’ll need you to create a simair.io account and provide me with a direct link to your logbook. This is NOT optional. We use SimAir flight logging to validate everyone competed fairly and within the rules of the event.

As with the Cannonball Run, I will create a new thread for the results of this race. I’ll post a link to it here within the next few days. Also, during the race itself, my Discord server will be open for all pilots to chat with each other over voice comms. Everyone who did this during the Cannonball remarked that the friendship and camaraderie from communicating with other community members was the best part of the event, so I highly encourage everyone to join the server.

Good luck to all racers, and I’ll see you at YPPH (Southeast Asia server) at 0000Z on April 4! <3

2 Likes

@ZERO36 I will need a corrected SimAir link from you too.

@SeedyL3205 for me it’s fine. I can see two SimAir registers for Kiwi and two registerd accounts for yourself in the list (also Zero36). Is that correct?

https://simair.io/logbook/Zero36

There you go. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am really sorry I had to miss this flight … Things have been too hectic around here to commit to a 17 plus non-stop enduro flight, and I have had very little stick time since my last flight logged …

With a 2 year old grandaughter and a new grandson to be here within 6 weeks give or take … I (Me and Momma) have been in high demand …

I will miss this flight, even though this flight worked out great (time wise) for a start time …

2 Likes