01:28:33 Wind Gusts
01:30:34 Opt-in Beta Branch
01:36:50 DLSS
01:40:04 Charts+
1:45:28 IFR flying
1:50:30 Add-ons in Marketplace
01:53:50 Vision for the future of MSFS

There is more but here some.

-There will be one sim update only fix no new feature, but full fix only.

-Weather engine improvement from Meteo blue and MSFS, expect major improvement in 2022

-Working title flight planner and autopilot improvement etc…

-Flight model improvement, also announced wake turbulence on Boeing in 2022, wake turbulence on all aircraft.

-General Propeller flight modelling improvement along with helicopter started.

-DX12 will be available is finished, they are in testing phase, there will be option dx12\11, dx12 is optional to avoid issue on some setup, you can set it to DX11 like before, until DX12 is fully bug free.

-Terrain LOD is now going to 400 instead of 200, before it was not possible without major hit, before Sim Upate 5, all will be better on higher range, trees, object, photogrammetry etc…

-Trees now rendered more far, on different part of the world there was random result and issue.

-Night light have been improved, on higher altitude, 35k\40k rendering is further away, more detailed, sepia mask is less used if I understand, not sure what will be overall.

-They are now pushing PC most as they can, after Xbox things, they explained ( they acknowledged they done some mistake related to Xbox) hence now DX12 will be option, not forced, you can revert back to DX11, until DX12 is fully right.

44 Likes

Also the first iteration of the replay mode available through the Dev mode for SimUpdate 7.

9 Likes

“-There will be one sim update only fix no new feature, but full fix only”

Finally…

11 Likes

Got a link?

Edit : Twitch

:sweat_smile:

So they said Replay is being released for Sim Update 6?

1 Like

I thought they said sim update 7 for the replay but I may have got that wrong, need to go back and check….

1 Like

Yeah, it would be nice if we can confirm whether they said Sim Update 6 or Sim Update 7 for the Replay.

Just watch the stream :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds good to me!
Something they might also bear in mind is the old saying:
“Every new feature that you cannot turn off is a bug.” :wink:

1 Like

Just rechecked and they said sim update 7 for the replay.

4 Likes

Thanks. That’s something like 3 or 4 months away I guess. Oh well, I think we can wait another 4 months, since we have waited a year for Replay already.

Edit: Seems like Sim Update 7 is scheduled for November. So it may not be a long wait for Replay (assuming the Sim Updates are not pushed back, which may happen, but I don’t mind if they are pushed back if they need extra time to test and make it more stable).

1 Like

Yeh it’s a shame as the conversation started out promising like they were going to release it imminently in its raw state, maybe in dev mode and then Jorg mentions sim update 7. Ah well, can wait a while longer.

1 Like

Clearly this means I have to move my cfg edit to 500!

Stand back Ye slider user commoners!

4 Likes

Sim Update 7 is scheduled for November, according to the weekly Dev Update.

1 Like

About the weather they mentioned they will inject metar data into the meteoblue datastream so weather around airports should be more accurate

2 Likes

-Terrain LOD is now going to 400 instead of 200, before it was not possible without major hit, before Simupate 5

The only difference is that the new 400 is probably the same as the old 200.

10 Likes

no mention about live traffic spawning at gates and sittng there without nosewheels?

Doesn’t surprise me!

6 Likes

I noted with some interest the comment about some of the CTD’s being things they know the cause of but at this point they are beyond their control - in other people’s hands/longer time frame to effect a fix.

I may be have misheard or misinterpreted but could this be a hint that some of the CTD’s are caused by network interaction and are server or account side?

Also Working Title will be brushing up the premium aircraft with fixes/enhancements next year.

7 Likes