Add toggle Mute / Unmute sound shortcut key during flight

Add toggle Mute / Unmute sound shortcut key during flight. just like the “Q” button on Fsx and Prepar3D etc…

Absolutely I was just searching how people do it without “Q” and could not find anything. Having to use sound mixer is overly cumbersome.

1 Like

Please give us ability to mute the game sound like how we did with the ‘Q’ in older versions of FS.

5 Likes

This! I searched everywhere for the key binding but was surprised I couldn’t find it. Ended up adjusting the master volume to listen to Chewwy streaming on the MSofficial channel last night while flying :slight_smile:

Yes, please! I use this function a lot in FSX/P3D.

1 Like

did you guys find out something in the options for muting/unmuting all sound or it simply does not exist yet?

There are no binds available for toggling game sounds.

ok thanks. would be great to have one however

Amen. Not a big deal, but also not a big deal to remedy.

1 Like

this. this is a function that we need. Sometimes I like to mute on the fly if I can’t hear a vatsim controller well.

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post merged into this topic.

Please add a key binding to allow the simulator sound to be toggled on/off as in legacy iterations pressing ‘Q’

Even more… how about vars to allow us to change volumes with Stream Deck, et.al

1 Like

Is there a keybind for headphone mode? Last time I tried it it muted everything but ATC.

YES! Excellent idea.

If some of the wishlist items don’t make it into 2020, I sure hope they pick up on ideas like this for 2024.

Headphone mode doesn’t mute other sounds, but just attenuates them to make the cockpit less noisy.

Back to the topic at hand, I support it. I tried to make a video a while back and there were times I would have loved to mute the sim while I was talking, but without having to go into the menu options.