3 or 4 TV for A320 homecockpit?

Hi folks
Can you tell what seems to you the better choice to cover 2 seats homecockpit Airbus a320.

X4 50 inch 4K tv (one TV per window)
Or
1 75 inch TV for the 2 seats frontview + x2 50 inch for sideviews?

Thanks for
Feedbacks

1 Like

Hey,

first of all, sorry for my bad english!

How is the place in measurements of your homecockpit? because I think that two short throw beamers or two ultra short beamers would be better for the immersion effect then four tv’s and also you have more fps with “only” two beamers instead of four or three screens…

Ok, the quality of image is better from the TV’s I think but with new beamers, relativly cheep ones like Optoma haves you can get a really good quality and immersion with less space.

I hope you can understand what I mean and again sorry for my english :slight_smile:

1 Like

i have a 75" set up and a 65" .

Both 4K.

They both get the job done with the Airbus.

Right now the 75 is being used for
https://www.assettocorsa.it/competizione/

I tried short throw projector but I was disappointed. I really want to install TVs now.
My homecockpit dimensions are wide as : 240cm (side by side) x 225cm (from the rear to the front of the cockpit)

I’m very interested about your setup, can you share me a picture ?
I have a doubt about differente size of the sideviews. I prefer install 50"(L side)+75"(frontview)+50"(R side)
Thanks!

1 Like

65” LG 7700 4K

Sorry not good at pics

75” SONY

Not answering your question but have you tried VR in MSFS?
My original plan a few years ago was to build a home cockpit (even cut out the MIP) but after getting into VR, it is so much more immersive imho. I scrapped that idea.
Just some food for thought,
Happy flying.

2 Likes

I have to try VR but for now i almost finish my overhead :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thansk did you try the 75 and 65 side by side with nvidia surround ?

One 75" is big enough. The 65" is perfect.

Get ready for sore neck and back as you pan back and forth trying to see everything.

I also use ZOOM setting and WIDE.

I have 2 additional 36" monitors I can use but do not.

It looks a lot better in person.

75" has Yamaha Receiver , Cerwin Vega 7.1 surround / sub woofer

not good at pics @BlackSanta512

2 Likes

Hello folks
Juste an update about my setup. I decide to go with a triple TV setup (50+75+50 inch).
The wide dimension of the 75 inch is more confortable for the front view. No bezels in the middle.
I share you my overview plan.

2 Likes

Go VR. I could never go back to pancake mode for Sim Racing and Flight Simming.

My new Samsung G5 is collecting dust.

Also, I would definitely NOT go with 4k as I would rather run MSFS or any Sim/Game at 1440p/2.5K @144hz +. Over any 4K running no higher then 60hz…

Also, go with a Monitor - not a TV as the Refresh Rates on TV’s are not real refresh rates.

1 Like

Interesting feedback but I heard about VR… in overall it’s a graphical loss and it was not very smooth experience… I priorize picture quality for this wonderful simulation. =)

By the way, i’m very satisfied when I get 60FPS on my plane it’s enough for me.

1 Like

Yo folks
What the â– â– â– â– 

Can you tell me how do you manage and set pictures with different sizes TV but at the same resolution

And how can I manage the x3 3840x2160px
Around 11k with scaling at 100%.
Fs20 want to kill my graphics card

You are planning to use 3x 4k resolution screens which will have little less pixel # than 8k resolution.

You need 3090 GPU since it means # if pixel close to 8k and you will be needing lots of VRAM. (I have seen 18-22 gb VRAM)
Also MSFS does not support triple screens yet, sides will look ugly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Having done similar years ago with FS9 albeit a mix of Projectors and TV,it works extremely well with ends of Views/Bezels hidden by cockpit window struts completely.It feels very realistic indeed and you genuinely feel that you are inside a real flying cockpit .Once experienced nothing including VR can compare with a real 180 degrees view and the feel of using physical replica modules,switches,cockpit panels etc etc.It easily causes motion sickness to some ( VR can also) .The only loss of fidelity when mixing different sizes of TV/ Projectors is when banking steeply as the 3x views can slightly not join up perfectly,but in use you don’t even notice it.But this may happen less with all matching size screens/TV.

If I had the energy ! and the funds to convert mine from FS9 to MSFS I would do it in a heartbeat because with MSFS the view would be ridiculous ( when msfs supports multi view and Wideview software)

1 Like

Hi people just some news of my setup

Only one GPU for 6 monitors is possible as :
3 TV on the card + Matrox triple head for CPT+FO (PFD/ND) + 1 USB to VGA Videocard Startech) for the central instruments monitor

The only bad news is about sides TV, landscape is not aligned (2 55inch + 1 central 75inch) :frowning:

Be aware that until Asobo introduces multiple display support (end of 2022?) such display geometry will result in massive distortions in the left and right displays. Currently MFS2020 only supports the projection in which all the displays must be set in one flat row, in front of you, like a cinema screen. You also need to combine the 3 displays into one, usisng tool like nVidia surround.
Consider VR, this way you will benefit from the beautiful rendering of the cockpit avilable in the sim, you will see the shadows dancing when the plane turns, you will have 360 degree view, you will not need to spend so much time/money on polishing the H/W (you will not see it when wearing the headset). You can still use your H/W in blind, especially if you place it in the location matching the physical one, so your visual information (in the headset) will match the phycisal one.

More here:

1 Like