4 Season Pack - Multi Season - Available on PC and Xbox [Archive 1]

I’m really keen on buying this, any eta on the ingame store version? Or doesn’t it matter if I buy it elsewhere right now in terms of performance and updates?

I would buy through sim market. The author of this mod sometimes makes several updates in a week and I just don’t see Microsoft updating their marketplace that frequently. If you don’t mind missing a couple updates then marketplace would be fine.

5 Likes

From the purchasers point of view, as the product is supposed to be identical, I can’t see any good reason to wait for the Marketplace. Provided the vendor is well-established and reputable I’d go with them every time, and I have, incidentally, bought from both sources, MS Marketplace and 3rd party vendor sites.

1 Like

Thanks for that, I have purchased and installed it just now. It’s my first mod. Went for a brief spin in VR, already felt a huge difference in immersion because of the multitude in colors and different trees. Have yet to turn the trees options to Ultra for full effect. Eager to see how that affects performance.

That sounds interesting. Is there a big optical difference between high and ultra in VR? And what about the performance?

I’m using this guide as a starting point: TnT Quest 2 Settings - Sharp and SMOOOOTH! - #2 by PonicFarmer (basically set super sampling ingame to just 0.6 but set oculus tray tool to 1.7, and the quest 2 headset to 80hz - it runs smooth after some tweaking with crispy clear cockpit text)

However, I’m running a less state of the art 5700xt and ryzen 3700x so I have to run it on 1.5x ss instead of 1.7 or 1.9 as shown in the guide. I have a little bit of wiggle room when setting it to 1.5 as 1.6 is doable as well but juuuust so slightly too much, so I am able to put some stuff on high and ultra while running it on 1.5x ss as opposed to lower settings on 1.6 with less fps.

With these settings and this mod, I have tried lod 200 and ultra trees but the performance fps hit is noticeable as such that it is no longer fully smooth (I only flew over Sophia as a random test location to try this out so far). With lod 125 and trees still on ultra it looks great in VR while being able to still have my other settings the way I like them and keeping the smoothness.

Tldr; it is definitely an improvement in detail and range because when changing the settings you can literally see trees being spawned further away when clicking save. I started with lod 100 and trees to medium, but I am able to go to ultra + lod 125 without noticing a drop in performance or overhauling my other current VR settings. Lod 200 in VR or higher would be amazing in terms of detail, but my rig can’t handle it without lowering other settings.

2 Likes

I’ve a fairly mediocre setup (see below) and have been quite happy using medium and some high settings, getting few stutters etc. But, at the recommendation of the author, I upped my LOD from 100 to 200 and trees to Ultra and noticed very little effect on performance at all. As for the appearance it did seem to be better, not startling improvements but an overall nicer experience.

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3500 6-core: GPU - GeForce GTX1650 4GB VRAM: 64GB RAM:
1TB SSD system plus 1TB Mcve for MSFS and peripherals. Additional ext HDDs for storage.
Samsung curved 27" monitor 1920/1080 71hz

3 Likes

New and updated Multi Seasons are coming back.
Currently at testing stages (spring/fall). If you would like be part of beta testing process AND you use more than one Orbx Airport Mods, send me an email to bijanstudiola@gmail.com. Please do not reply here. You must own the 4 season pack already to apply. (include order #)

New Multi Season V5, as shown in the map below, will have Spring Season in North Hemisphere and Fall in southern hemisphere and tropics in equator and desert vegetation in all deserts and Saharas.
Light green are spring season. Dark green are tropics. Oranges are fall season.

14 Likes

Excellent idea. It makes much more sense to have foliage relate to the time of the year rather than the “season”. Looking forward to this.

3 Likes

Me too, great class!

1 Like

Can I request you prefix the folders with 1, 2, 3 in season order, it makes it a lot easier to manage when they are at the top and together and in the correct order, to move the appropriate folder in and out of the community folder.

I guess that will have to be based on a particular hemisphere too, now that multi seasons are back.

thanks.

2 Likes

I think Bijan will have an app which manages all.

2 Likes

The add-on originally had this but Bijan stopped doing it because Orbx has a tendency to pick Southern hemisphere trees and use them in northern hemisphere airports and scenery and vice versa, meaning you’d be flying around nice fall colors in Germany and then see a big patch around an Orbx airport with bright green spring trees. It was jarring, so he stopped that method.

I’d recommend using Add-on Linker rather than moving folders in and out of community. It works by allowing you to create a folder anywhere where you store ALL of your owned MSFS add-ons and mods. Then whenever you want to enable or disable mods you simply open Add-on Linker and check the boxes next to the stuff you want on and uncheck those you want off. Simple as that. Never have to move a folder again and you can organize your mods however you like to keep track of what you’ve got. I’ve got gigs upon gigs of mods and if I had them all in my community folder the sim would probably take an hour to load to the main menu. With addon Linker I just enable scenery for the region I want to fly in and it keeps load times quick because it only enables and the game then only loads the stuff I plan on using.

1 Like

That’s correct… I am working on a new method and see if it helps the situation with Orbx. Currently testing… In any case, I will have 2 versions. Single seasons and multi seasons.

4 Likes

Yes I’ve tried both the linker and collector programs, each has advantages disadvantages, it’s still easier for me to manage my own stuff and would be nice if they were sequenced better. That is all, with and without these programs, it does no harm hence my request.

1 Like

Agree, it’s much simpler to merely add the file for the time of year / season you want.

1 Like

The difference is, that Bijans seasons are , so far I know, the only mods where only one folder is allowed in Community. That means you have to delete one season directory and import another one in the Community folder. If you forget to delete, the seasons won’t work correctly. So I personally prefer the Season app, which makes sure you do not forget to delete.
But that is not the most important thing of Bijans beautiful seasons.

1 Like

Hi Bijan, I was just flying around the Mojave desert and noticed there were no visible Joshua trees. These are iconic in this region and could use a little love. Perhaps in a future update? Thanks! Joshua trees

3 Likes

Hi
Currently the sim doesn’t have all the trees. Joshua tree is one of them. I have a list of trees that I requested from Asobo to be available. They mentioned in one the old Q&A that they will add more.

5 Likes