4 Season Pack - Multi Season - Available on PC and Xbox [Archive 1]

I’m using this guide as a starting point: TnT Quest 2 Settings - Sharp and SMOOOOTH! - #2 by PonicFarmer (basically set super sampling ingame to just 0.6 but set oculus tray tool to 1.7, and the quest 2 headset to 80hz - it runs smooth after some tweaking with crispy clear cockpit text)

However, I’m running a less state of the art 5700xt and ryzen 3700x so I have to run it on 1.5x ss instead of 1.7 or 1.9 as shown in the guide. I have a little bit of wiggle room when setting it to 1.5 as 1.6 is doable as well but juuuust so slightly too much, so I am able to put some stuff on high and ultra while running it on 1.5x ss as opposed to lower settings on 1.6 with less fps.

With these settings and this mod, I have tried lod 200 and ultra trees but the performance fps hit is noticeable as such that it is no longer fully smooth (I only flew over Sophia as a random test location to try this out so far). With lod 125 and trees still on ultra it looks great in VR while being able to still have my other settings the way I like them and keeping the smoothness.

Tldr; it is definitely an improvement in detail and range because when changing the settings you can literally see trees being spawned further away when clicking save. I started with lod 100 and trees to medium, but I am able to go to ultra + lod 125 without noticing a drop in performance or overhauling my other current VR settings. Lod 200 in VR or higher would be amazing in terms of detail, but my rig can’t handle it without lowering other settings.

2 Likes