4 Season Pack - Multi Season - Available on PC and Xbox [Archive 1]

I have just seen this post, thank you. Excuse my ignorance but do you know which of the two is more likely to benefit the tree pop in discussed? I cannot have them both high as I am running a high resolution (VR), I am doing trial and error but as you know it takes a while as you have to exit the sim, edit, go back in, test, etc!

Also FYI I see the bora bora huts, looks great.

Try terrain LOD then. Leave Object LOD at 200.
Set trees to Ultra.

I just tried few places, the higher the LOD, the less pop-ins I get. In Tromso which Ank just mentioned, I get pop-in with LOD 200 but no pop in with LOD 800. But the distance redraw might be another story.

I am also investigating if ALL trees behave this way.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great! I do think the current implementation is bugged. There are regions with forests and thousands of trees as far as the eye can see. But then when flying over some sparse areas, such as the UK with hedgerows for example, there is hideous repeated pop-in of these sparse trees - if anything these are the regions where removing a couple of trees surely has basically zero memory benefit anyway so it makes little sense.

I wonder if experimenting with Vegetation Large / Vegetation Small settings in the config could help?

Anyway thanks for your work and good luck with your investigations! :crossed_fingers:

I think those two settings are trees and grass that are in the sim settings. Large is for trees and small is for grass. I tried increasing those before but there were no changes.

Interesting stuff. I’m maxed out at 200 LOD on both sliders and am getting 60-70 FPS all over the world now. Maybe they’re slowly fixing this mess behind the scenes. Hopefully…

3 Likes

Per request, I have a new all Summer Season for the entire world in Simmarket:

6 Likes

The problem is, and i’ve only noticed it in a couple of small instances mind, i had patches trees directly in front of me (approx 1mile ahead) drawing in. The worst of which was in Austria in a mountain valley. I didnt move my head at all… i was looking directly in front.

I’ll recreate that flight tomorrow and get the coordinates for you if it happens again, just in case you want to see if you’re getting the same.

While i’m here i just wanted to thank you for you dedication and your active approach in the community. I never thought I’d spend over £20 “just for some trees” :wink: Turned out to be the best money I’ve invested in the sim. Cheers!

2 Likes

E-mail sent Buddy thanks

I’m trying to update via Sim Market to 6.0.2, because 6.0 is causing my flights not to load. However, when I download via the “my downloads” section of my account, it re-downloads version 6.0. Am I doing something wrong?

That’s correct. It was just a minor and the version number wasn’t updated.

Version 6 works perfectly with Sim update 5. Make sure you uninstalled and deleted all previous seasons before installing new one. And make sure 3d model folder is updated too and restart.

If sim doesn’t load, it’s because of the older version is present in your community folder, but if a FLIGHT doesn’t load, it has nothing to do with seasons.
Make sure you’re not running any other mod to be sure.

2 Likes

Here are the settings some folks in the Discord came up with:

Terrain 4.0
Objects 3.0

Shadows
Size 4096

So I tried those settings, across several flights and the pop in was greatly reduced and not near as noticeable. Mod looked great, North America to Caribbean. Something you may want to try.

2 Likes

Screenshots from SU5: It does work and run smoothly. If you’re having difficulty running it or get CTD it’s not seasons. Asobo mentioned they are releasing a HOTFIX tomorrow for most of the issues you may have.

8 Likes

Which Discord server, if you don’t mind sharing.
Thanks.

The official MSFS:

Oh, that one. Thanks sir.

If we have a previous version from Sim Market of your Season pack , do we have to buy this one now ? .

YW! It’s been a little crazy this week, as you can imagine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which one do you have ? If you bought a single season before, there is a discount to get the full pack. But if you bought a full pack, the updates are free.

Bijan just came in hot with 6.03. What a creator/developer…

6 Likes

Not all photogrammetry trees are accurate. Palm trees in particular look like horrible pillars in photogrammetry, not palms or trees at all.

I would really love if they could use AI to take those out of the photogrammetry and replace them with similar sized palm trees. There’s no practical way to fix them otherwise on a global scale.