4 Season Pack - Multi Season - Available on PC and Xbox [Archive 1]

You have major color issues there. That’s not how spring looks like.
I just did the same test with spring. I think you have internet connection speed issue.
The issue is not season.

Maybe, but I can reproduce it each time. Can you do a test SE of GA02 at FL200 using Spring V4.2?

No pop up.
Try Terrain LOD 200 and Tree set to ultra. Other than that, the issue you’re having is not related to my mod. It’s either your internet connection is slow or you have a lower end system.

Great work! I love this add-on.
I’m flying in Norway in Fall and I think that conifers are too much taller than others fall trees:

Moreover I noticed some strange behavior with reflections. It seems there are shadows under the branches:

1 Like

Trees are at Ultra and Terrain LOD 200.

Try this Flight Recorder replay that demonstrates the issue:

Test_Seasons_Spring_4.2.flightrecorder

Thank you.
Those are European Larch that I recently added. Those are actually very common and are supposed to be that large or even larger.
See this chart:

Shadows are controlled by light and not controlled by seasons.

1 Like

Wow! Thank you for the explanation!

2 Likes

No problem. I also have those giant Sequoia trees in California by Yosemite National park.

Well, those numbers are rather high on your chart, for example: yes, the larch can get up to 40m or even more, the mean is still more around 35m only. Means: if you make your trees as high as they can possibly grow, they are all too high and look wrong…

They are not as high as they can go in the mod. They are about 60 to 80 feet. That’s about half of the tallest they can go.
That how they look in real life.

1 Like

The problem is many people aren’t aware there are such giant trees out there, more than they think they are.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZw4g-5AtqQdSiFCpMHZ-GApe9YHlKm_I5Bw&usqp=CAU

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIu4Ax1TPr0SiVtjtaeJQ3_CEAiEarVl7QIg&usqp=CAU

2 Likes

Well, as I said, there ARE such giants, but a forest its appearance is dominated by the trees that are just average in size, so aiming for the biggest sizes is certainly not what should be done :wink: To me, comparing aerial images or own experience by flying around in RL and tree sizes against buildings, still many trees are simply oversized in the sim. Your addon already does a great deal in general, default is just way too big…

Like I mentioned these large trees I added are HALF of the size it can grow. I didn’t add the full size.

Also these large trees are added in a very small patches and don’t dominate the full forest at all.
I don’t think default trees I added in general is big at all. If you want to base them of the default sim trees that are bonsai size trees, yes. They are large. I based them on real life trees.

If you go to ANY city, trees are way smaller than real life in the default sim.
Here is just one example of bonsai size trees in LA:

Most are used to the tiny sizes in the default sim and as soon as they see my tree in my mod they are like OMG huge, but that’s the reality.
Default:

My mod:

Real size:

Another example:

8 Likes

Yep, a lot of people don’t realise how tall they get (who walks around looking up most of the time?) and for sure when I go flying, I’m often surprised by the amount of greenery in an area I always thought of as built up with brick and concrete. I’ve always found sim trees in general were totally inadequate compared to real life.

2 Likes

Iceland update coming tomorrow.
Replaced all trees from higher elevation with short grass and moss.

5 Likes

Wow! I just bought this and it’s already updated, super!!!

Thank you.
I do updates weekly. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

This is interesting. Bought it but haven’t had time to see it yet in sim. However, I found this overview of your work, which I think is so nice to see. Maybe others find it useful as well and haven’t seen this yet either

8 Likes

Sometimes more than that. I feel like I don’t go more than 2-3 days recently without an email alert that there’s a new version!

1 Like

Yes, I use this map to define vegetations used in each colored region. There are more than 840 regions, but not all of them are defined yet. Each of the colored region can have their own ecosystem.

5 Likes