40 Years later Image comparison at Meigs Field

Nice to have Meigs back after all these years. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Glad they kept the stutters

2 Likes

all versions from FS1 to MSFS (I exclude FSX since it didn’t came with it)

7 Likes

There’s also this one from MSFS 2020

4 Likes

where did you get this mod btw

Definitely wins award for best non-certified use of the Garmin screens :smiley:

It’s not a mod, it’s an Easter egg… :slight_smile:

Kind regards.

2 Likes

No mod. It’s an easter egg. Get in the DA62 & hit the ELT switch

2 Likes

i’ll try it :slight_smile:

Hats off to anyone who can actually take off & land again using the arrow keys

2 Likes

I’ve been playing with the old Atari version, and I can take off but I have not yet successfully landed… :wink: :wink: :wink:

And at the same time land da62 in msfs 2020 :rofl:

Take your hat off to me then. I did a test flight in the A310 last night, using the keyboard and mouse. Not pretty, but I didn’t crash, and stayed on the runway…at KMDW runway 31C no less! LOL

I don’t get it, why is my Meigs field flooded and with low textures? This is what I get when I start the special flight from there. I did the 40th anniversary.

Hello @KiwiGreg71,

We’ve seen reports of issues similar to yours from players using 3rd Party scenery addons. Can you try disabling/removing your mods and checking again to see if Meigs appears correctly?

Thanks,
MSFS Team

When i was a kid that top image looked like the bottom image to me. I couldn’t believe it was possible…i spent full days flying…good times!

3 Likes

I disabled community folder and Meigs looks alright now. But my community folder is 160gb and has almost a hundred folders (payware and free) in it.

Do you have DD Chicago installed?
If so, from what I’ve read re-ordering when it loads (loadmanager, or rename with a “Z” in the start of name)
fixes the issue while still allowing the DD addon to function…or just disable DD Chicago altogether

Same here. I was wow’d every time I fired up MSFS.

1 Like

Yes, removing DD Chicago landmarks fixed it. Thanks.

1 Like