4070 ti

The card has been abused by reviewers due to its cost. However, I recently retired my 12 year old system (the 2600k just wouldn’t quit) and built a system with a 12700k and 4070 ti. Been playing with MS Flight Simulator since 1984 and I have always been chasing performance. Low FPS was mostly the problem, but even when low FPS was solved by increased disposable income and hardware advances, stuttering remained. Stuttering ruined FSX for me and I gave up on the game. But finally my new system, and the new MS Flight Simulator 2020, have delivered the perfect visual experience. 100 FPS with no stutters or hitches over Manhattan. I never thought that would ever be possible. I’m one happy flight sim camper.

1440p on Ultra settings. DLSS on quality with frame generation enabled.

10 Likes

Turn on TAA instead of DLSS. You get a crisper image instead of the DLSS fuzziness.

2 Likes

On my side I have 4080 strix oc and i9 11900k @ 5.2ghz and 32GB 3600mhz kit in gear1 and Command rate 1T and at 1440p 165hz monitor, and having DLSS in Quality plus AMD sharpness set to middle gives me that beautiful crispy image just like TAA and also bit more frames!

Flying with A310 Or PMDG over Manhattan gives me lowest 95frames max 160plus frames also my settings are ultra with both Lods 300/200 and my cockpit displays are in Medium rest just cranked up even with FSLTL on and all thanks to FrameGen and now I enjoy flying MSFS!

Just like 3 days a goo I streamed MSFS and people were in shock by FPS they just could not believe this framerates their immediate reaction was show settings try this try that!

My previous GPU EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra V2 black even with OC could not get that! My max fps was 70 frames flying cruising altitude! Down on landing my lowest was always 29/32frames near mhaa experience plus I had to have Lods at 145/180 and some stuff off and internal cockpit screens refresh set to low! That was like 3000£ GPU with 24GB could not deliver, but this ASUS Rog 4080 strix oc 1510£ out performe by lots it’s just another level of gaming!

Also Nvidia is yet to do an killer update that will make most people to want update to 4XXX series cards!

It’s expensive yes as few years back we could buy intair system with monitor and keyboard and all that jaz just for 1500£ now days that is just gpu!

Times changing and people must adapt and finally realise those times far gone! You still can have 240$ GPU Intel’s new GPU but that just to get like started and at that price you will have performance you paid for, or 470$ 3060 or 500-600$ plus 3070 anything above that is 700-1000$ and beyond!

So yha I’m happy with how it played out for me and I don’t regret this GPU!

Good luck all and wish everyone could experience this level of quality at stunning frames!

3 Likes

I’m using TAA + FG with my 5800X3D and 4080 on my 1440p 165Hz G-Sync monitor.

I feel you. I never had a system to run fsx well, was more a consolero(good ps3/ps4 times) as soon as I heard there will be a new MSFS I swore to myself to build a pc for it. Today Im also running 1440p with a 4070ti and 13700kf. Great card.

Hello, can you share your configurations, i have 4070ti with 13700kf, but i only have 50 fps.

Are you monitoring your frame rate in Dev mode or with an external tool?

in dev and afterburn

Do you have frame generation enabled?

i try using DLSS and TAA, same have ~50 fps

You need:

• HAGS enabled in Windows (requires a system reboot)
  • DX12
  • DLSS3 enabled
  • frame generation enabled.
3 Likes

Same result

What GPU did you have before and what kind of performance were you getting? And what CPU are you using?

This is new rig. i7-13700kf, 32 Gb DDR5, Nvidia RTX 4070ti.

Yeah, that does seem to be a little low.

Then again, this is MSFS. Like I always say - the most consistent thing about MSFS is how inconsistent results are from user to user.

In any case, I know I’d be pretty pleased with 50 fps, especially if that’s on the ground. Should likely go higher when you’re in the air. Unless that’s all you’re able to get in the air…

2 Likes

What motherboard are you using?
What speed is your RAM running at?
Does DEV mode FPS show you as main thread limited or GPU-limited?

My settings are the same as yours except my DLSS Super Resolution is set to quality.

I wish I could help you but there are so many variables. What is the highest FPS that you hit with those settings in different areas?

I do have “optimized for windowed games” on and AMD fidelity at 20, for whatever that is worth.

What are your frames over Manhattan, or similarly intense area?