40th Anniversary Expansion Pack: Got Friends

DISCLAIMER:

This UNOFFICIAL Expansion Pack is intended to add to the Microsoft Flight Simulator: 40th Anniversary Edition. We have done our best to ensure maximum COMPATIBILITY with other Improvement / Enhancement Mods. This Expansion Pack is not indended to be an Overall Improvement Mod. It is indended to be an EXPANSION only. If you DO NOT want a certain Aircraft Expansion, you may delete that specific folder from your Community Folder.

Chapter #1: Expansion Features (Released)

• DHC-2 Beaver: Added 35" Bush Wheel Variant (Includes All Liveries)
  • DHC-2 Beaver: Added Water Spray Effect to Amphibious Variant
  • DHC-2 Beaver: Added Hide/Unhide Option to Tablet
  • DHC-2 Beaver: Added Start-Up Combustion Smoke Effect to All Variants

Chapter #2: Expansion Features (Released)

• Global: Added ā€œ40th Anniversaryā€ Effects Dependecies as Stand-Alone Effects
  • DHC-2 Beaver: Added Ski Winter Kit to Standard Wheel Variant (Option on Tablet)
  • DHC-2 Beaver: Added New Custom Snow Physics when Skis are Attached
  • DHC-2 Beaver: Added New Bush Tail Wheel to 35" Bush Variant
  • DHC-2 Beaver: Added Low Fly-By Dirt Effect
  • Douglas DC-3: Added New Amphibious Float Variant (Includes 2 Liveries)
  • Douglas DC-3: Added Custom Flight Model, Weight Limits, Drag Limits, and Additional Float / Fuel Tanks
  • Douglas DC-3: Added Water Spray Effect to Amphibious Variant
  • Douglas DC-3: Added Start-Up Combustion Smoke Effect to All Variants
  • Douglas DC-3: Added Wheel Landing Effects to All Surface Types on All Variants
  • Douglas DC-3: Added Water Rudder Switch (Replaces External Power Switch on Amphibious Variant)

Chapter #3: Expansion Features (In Development)

• Douglas DC-3: Planned JATO (Jet Assisted Take-Off) Variant
  • More Additional Features: Taking Recommendations in Comment Section

Credits:

• Jonx: 3D Model Merging, XML Modifications, Flight Model Modifications, and Sound Modifications
  • Mykrode: 3D Modeling, Texturing, and Animations
  • Twoseventyinc: Texturing

Download Now: 40th Anniversary: Expansion Pack Ā» Microsoft Flight Simulator

47 Likes

Wow, thank you very much :heart_eyes:

Can you also modify the jerky spinner ?

Iā€™ll take a look! :slight_smile:

Canā€™t download, it says ā€œPending approvalā€.

The file download doesnā€™t seem to be available on tlightsim.to

Nice, was very disappointed in the lack of bush tyre versions!

Itā€™s DeHavilland btw.

1 Like

Will be available soon. Idk why there is a pending approval moderation check. Must be a new requirement. I havenā€™t uploaded on Flightsim.to from my solo account in a while.

1 Like

Hopefully it becomes available again. I keep hitting refreshā€¦ :slightly_frowning_face:

Okay, itā€™s there now, and updated, too!!! :smiley:

Was hoping there would be improvement mods to these ā€œnewā€ planes, thanks for improving this amazing sim!!!

1 Like

Would a ski variant be possible? Up here in canada they were used year round. When there wasnt water, there was ice.

2 Likes

Is it possible to do anything with the engine sounds. Itā€™s so quiet at low rpm.
Also I expect modelling correct tail wheel behavior (i.e. rudder linked to 25 deg deflection then free castoring) is also in the too hard basket?

Another thing is the wobble pump, I assume in reality you actually need to pump it multiple times to get the fuel pressure up to 5 psi?. Currently you click it once, it gets stuck in the ā€˜upā€™ position and the fuel system is instantly set to 5 psi which is a little disappointing.

5 Likes

Do those side windows open at all in the real life aircraft?

One of my favorite developers working on a plane made by one of my other favorite developers!

This is fun!

4 Likes

Iā€™d feel happier if this was sanctioned by Milviz but I may take a look. Not too bothered about bush tyres but it would be nice to be able to remove the tablet.

1 Like

This is amazing. Jonx and GotFriends at it yet again!

1 Like

Thatā€™s kinda what is fun about this.

MS/Asobo has allowed their in house and contracted planes to be modified. Even going so far as to retroactively seek and gain permission from developers of the planes used in the Premium/Deluxe editions to open the code.

MilViz made the plane, Microsoft/Asobo bought it. Now it gets to be modded like other stock planes.

So we kinda get to see a Got Gravel take on a MilViz plane because of a contractual loophole. And MilViz would have added a tundra and ski version if they had released this as payware, but they contracted it for release to everyone in SU12 instead.

Look at it this way. MilViz will lose no money because people are modding this plane. They already sold a copy to everyone.

7 Likes

Sure. Iā€™d probably prefer to wait for any official update from the developer. Personal choice.

2 Likes

Iā€™d expect them to address almost all of these same issues. Many are just little bugs.

I was just making sure it was clear this kind of modding is allowed. And folks can promote their mods in here.

Also, I bet Jonx was just dying to get his hands on that planeā€™s code. I notice he picked it first. Even though it is already the best plane we got.

1 Like

It is allowed (although itā€™s unusual that the mod hasnā€™t been approved yet), it just feels a little bit disrespectful to me when it was only released a couple of days ago. If it was an Asobo product I wouldnā€™t mind but this doesnā€™t quite sit right with me and I wonder how the author would feel if someone released an ā€˜improvementā€™ mod to the Wilga two days after it gets released.

There is no way of knowing for sure but I imagine they would be agog that someone ruined their perfect flight model. :yum:

So many of these (mostly) guys know each other and have worked for or with each other in some capacity over the years. Got Gravel is often contracted to finalize flight models for other devā€™s bush planes.

If anyone was providing a hotfix while we wait for MilVizā€™s notoriously slow and perfectionistic patching process, Iā€™m glad itā€™s Jonx.

4 Likes