40th Anniversary Expansion Pack: Got Friends

VERY BIG ANNOUNCEMENT:

As usual, my dedication to the Beaver Bush Mod sparked some interest from the rest of the Got Friends team. We had a pretty lengthy discussion today, reviewed some upcoming development opportunities, and decided to combine them into one Action Pack! Things are changing fast, but in a very good way! At Got Friends, we have time between development projects to provide freeware opportunities, this next chapter in our team is no exception.

We are proud to announce the “40th Anniversary Expansion Pack”.

Starting this week, VERY SOON, I will be transitioning the Beaver Action Pack into the 40th Anniversary Expansion Pack! This Expansion Pack will be very similar the current Beaver Action Pack. However, instead of just the Beaver, our team will focus on adding Fun Variants, 3D Model Additions and other Various Features to multiple aircraft in Microsoft Flight Simulator. The Beaver was just Chapter #1 and we have much more in store.

So what’s next? Why are we announcing this now? Let me introduce you to Chapter #2:

Douglas DC-3 Amphibious: Coming Soon!

55 Likes

Sounds great, but I’m not sure if I understand.

• Will this be free or payware?
  • Where will we get it? Flightsim.to or somewhere else?

Freeware, Flightsim.to.

Cheers!

14 Likes

My evening has been made. GotFriends doing amazing things!!

2 Likes

wow, just wow!

1 Like

I’m most blown away by the water spray effect. This needs to be on every float plane! Finally I can look out my window at my floats and see the water getting kicked up

Incredible stuff! (Hoping for a Beaver on Skis eventually :wink:)

Can we get smoke effects from engine start on some of these planes maybe?

1 Like

Considering you are naming it the 40th Anniversary Pack, should we assume you are only modding planes released in 40th Anniversary update or is the quoted part above referencing other planes as well?

Would love to see some extras added to the 407, like wire cutters, camera pods, search lights, etc.

1 Like

Open sidedoors … but that is probably beyond the scope of this project, because the head, jamb and sill of the doors aren’’ modelled (or whatever these parts are called on aircraft doors). If it’s even possible to do that with these aircraft.

New Link: DHC-2 Beaver Action Pack » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Moved over in preparation!

4 Likes

Any possibility to get tip tanks for the Beaver?

5 Likes

soon™

That’s awesome!

Question. Would you be able to add the paratroopers as well to the DC-3 by any chance? Aeroplane Heaven was going to originally, but after Asobo bought it they were removed. Asobo has something against anything with weapons, ect.

1 Like

Perhaps a skydiving Flying Elvi team might be considered less combative than paratroopers?

2 Likes

Utah Chapter?

1 Like

Chapter #2: Coming Out Soon!

“As in Today!”

14 Likes

The Got Friends 40th Anniversary: Expansion Pack is Available to Download Now!

Free from Flightsim.to: 40th Anniversary: Expansion Pack » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Some Cockpit Information:

DHC-2 Beaver:

Douglas DC-3:

Enjoy Everyone! I am modifying the first post of this thread if you would like to see what is included, or simply click on the Download Link to see the new features in Chapter #2.

Cheers!

11 Likes

Excellent video by AVAngel today about the Beaver mod!

4 Likes