40th Anniversary Expansion Pack: Got Friends

Second this!

Unbelievable! Thank you so much for your hard work.

I am not seeing the ski version of the Beaver? Was it not in this version of the Pack?

EDIT: My fault, I need to rtfm. Found the attach skis checkbox, but it doesn’t seem to work. Is there something that triggers them to show?

They are only available on the standard wheeled version, not the bush version.

2 Likes

Ah ok, thanks! That makes sense.

But on the EFB, it shows the ski option on the bush version.

Also on the amphib version. Water skis? :grin:

2 Likes

Quite a history here. Anyone create this repaint for it? I first saw this DC-3 on floats back in 1989 at the New England Escadrille airshow in Manchester, NH (the first showing of the Collings Foundation B-24 I think, too). Plus a few times driving by Moosehead Lake in Maine. The floats came off for a few years, but I believe they are back on again

Here’s just one of a bunch of links on the plane

Guess we’re going to have to do some scenery around Moosehead lake :wink:

1 Like

Where is the HDG of GPS version DC3 autopilot adjusted?

This is something that Asobo/Aeroplane Haven will need to update as far as I know. There is currently no way to see your selected heading, and I have just been using HDG select keybind to change heading.

Thanks for the nice mod. Just a question, for the Beaver i prevously ran a mod that is now removed that made the pitch axis a lot less twitchy.
In this mod it seems to be as sensitive in pitch as before. Is there a way to fix this? Or is there a simple text edit that can change that?

Change this two lines in the flight_model.cfg

elevator_lift_coef =3
elevator_effectiveness = 0.6

2 Likes

Thanks, which of these two does what? Does one effect overall effectiveness and one how much angle?

flight_model.cfg (flightsimulator.com)

I can’t seem to turn on the Panel Lightning and the Floodlight in the Beaver. The dials on the right side of the panel (left from the circuit breakers) don’t have any function.

Is that something that could be fixed “actionized/expanded” with a future update of this package? :wink:

EDIT: I missed a switch, please disregard!

You need to use the switches on the left side for cabin lighting. The dials on the right just control brightness.

EDIT: okay, I missed the Inst Light switch, that enabled the gauge lights, and the Flood light dial indeed is only for the cabin light.

Cabin lighting is the lighting in the back, for the passenger / cargo area. That has nothing to do with the instrument lighting.

The flood lighting does nothing, even though there are two lights installed above the left and right window,

And the instrument panel lighting knob only controls the brightness of the radio stack and the tablet, but there should also be lights on the gauges. All these little thingies on the cockpit panel are the fixtures for the gauge lighting

There is also switches for those on the left side, the instrument light switch is the right most of the three that also includes the landing lights switch. I think the markings calls it night lighting.

1 Like

Oh man, you are right. I missed that switch. And yeah 
 the floodlight knob is indeed only for the cabin light in the back.

So I guess the two lights over the windows don’t work?

They do, they are turned on by the map light switch I believe. And they are waaaaaay too bright.

1 Like

Indeed, they do! How embarassing! :rofl:

2 Likes

@DigitalJonx, any chance of a two blade hamiltion standard (or equivalent) without the nosecone in the future? Might compliment the bush asthetic. Appreciate your work.