60Hz and Reverb G2

Even with a 3090, I struggle to maintain 20fps in London with Motion Reprojection on and 60Hz. London still needs some optimization.

I think I’m going to be doing the same. Even if it have to fly mainly with overcast conditions for bush flying and night runs for airliners. I also thought about turning photogrammetry off to get away from the melted buildings and wacky trees.

Hopefully something can be done to make the brighter scenes refresh like the darker cockpit. Has that been your experience too? The sky / horizon during the day being the more noticeable for flickering?

What works for me best is to keep 90hz. In Openxr preview en reprojection of. Res between 70 en 100. Depending on your system.

And this is important, you need to download nvidia inspector. Under Sync en Refresh: Frame Rate Limiter V3 = 30 FPS. Now finally MSFS became butter-smooth in VR with the G2.

Yes, the problem is still there but it does not bother me that much anymore. Maybe I’m just lucky, I don’t know. My kids noticed it immediately though saying the headset is already broken lol:)

This is probaly a subject worth it’s own thread but I had photogrametry issues from the very beginning. The loading times are way to slow. Buildings and textures are refining in front of my nose as I’m flying (both VR and 2d).Its definitelly not my bandwitch as even being on WiFi, it’s a rock stable 5ghz 150mbps. Someone already said it’s due to IPV4 protocol but launching Teredo IPV6 tuneling as suggested did nothing in my case…I still haven’t found a real cause nor the solution.

And you have motion projection on or off?

@Radeks40 - Your eyes do start to adjust after some time but it’s not for everyone. Maybe i just need to get two or three presets of graphical/render presets for certain flying conditions similar to Cptlucky8’s efis vs vfr settings but with a third 60/90hz combo depending on time of day…

@Booebsie - I will definitely try this tonight. I’m assuming you have HAGS and Game mode off too and all other settings based on @CptLucky8’s guide?

@Ianrivsmith I would assume he has Motion Projection on to get the locked 30fps up to 90 but i could be wrong. (ill be trying both)

I felt like the judder was present in 90hz mode because the frame rate wasn’t locking but i could be wrong there too. If i can get smooth gameplay at 90hz with 70/70 or something close i’d consider it a win! Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

I know already that “buttery smooth” may have different meanings for different people:)
30fps with repro OFF is reasonably smooth in a steady type of flying but once you start some dynamic turns you immediately notice the difference betwen reprojection ON and OFF.
45Hz/eye is what we really need for buttery smooth experience with no reprojection which at the current state of this sim is unachievable at least with G2 on it’s native resolution.

Off, I use nvidia Inspector to lock max fps.

Yeah true, it’s all relative to how bad it was in the first place :P. I will try to do a lot of turns and see what happends and report back…

I did notice some continues latency when turning really violently…But to be honoust if you didn’t tell me I hardly would have noticed it. I also tested it with reprojection on and there is just no comparison…
It’s so much smoother without. If you turn reprojection on you have like really noticable jitters, shimmers and a lot of choppiness. I prefer the continues latency when turning, because it’s continues it still feels smooth. It feels more like a sort of blur, but the experience itself is smooth.

I tried your settings and i see why you hate Motion Smoothing. At locked 30 fps motion smoothing does not work. It’s all stutter and no smoothness. I couldn’t work out why but i found a new vid on youtube and it mentions with motion smoothing on you need around 33fps for it to work correctly.

With motion smoothing off, when locked 30fps via inspector, 90hz wasnt bad but after seeing the fluidty of 60hz motion smoothing its hard to go back.

Another note, if you dont use motion smoothing make sure you uncheck Open XR Preview mode as the current preview build with motion smoothing off is blurry. If you DO use motion smoothing, then enable preview mode as its better. Source: MSFS OPEN XR SETTINGS HAVE CHANGED! HP REVERB G2 - YouTube

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.