7/27/21 Update stuck at Decompressing asobo-flight-tutorials-straihtandlevelflight-0.1.12.fspatch

I am stuck on the same place. (Decompressing asobo-flight-tutorials-straightandlevelflight-0.1.8.fspackage)

I have tried removing the file twice, but it again gets stuck at some other point, same file. This is exasperating. How do I get my money back from microsoft? I hope I don’t have to take a legal route, because I did not sign up for this. And to think of amount of time that I have wasted for this! I had to re-install the original package twice before I could use it, which means re-download the entire package and was already at the limit of my patience. But at that time I did not know that it would be a recurring experience! Otherwise I would have tried the refund route then and there! I was assuming that now that I have installed it, I would not have to face such harrowing experiences owning this junk! Evidently, that is not the case! I have a 65Mbps download speed (75 promised by the ISP and 65 reported by Ookla) so I am confident it is not my net connection. They should at least have put up bold announcements that “this software is for people who have nothing better to do than spend hours and days in frustration (and with no help) for installation and periodic maintenance of this product” on the websites where they try to sell this junk.

I think I am heading to X-Plane. It had better flight models anyway from what I remember. I hope X-plane comes with installation medial (like it did with version 9 that I last owned), and does not insist on an internet connection so that I can continue with what I installed from the media and not worry about crashing packages! But then that is a Microsoft speciality!

(My reply does not improve the conversation, I know. It is going to get deleted, I know. But I am posting this up here anyway to vent my frustration!)

1 Like