737 600 Xbox problem

Hello everyone, I’m trying to use the 737-600, but it seems to be broken now, when I using the Xbox controller after a while, when I click on any button, I can’t control some parts of the plane, such as the thrust. Additionally, after pressing a button, I can’t move the selectors because they go crazy and keep spinning.
For example, the throttle stops working in the interior view, but it works again in the exterior view when accelerating with the A button and decelerating with the B button. However, in the interior view, it doesn’t respond at all. It’s impossible to use the plane without encountering problems.

I would like to know if other people are experiencing similar issues. I’ve spent the entire morning trying to fly, but it’s impossible (I only use the Xbox controller). This has never happened to me with any other plane. The complexity is enormous and I think the latest update has broken the plane. I’m afraid this is the problem.

Hi @madridprado ,

Thank you for this report. We’ve moved your topic into the User Support Hub.

The Bug Reporting Hub is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce without duplicating an existing bug report. Using the template or providing all the relevant information about your bug and sim setup is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the User Support Hub category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report and no duplicate exists, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

All issues caused by or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. Assure that no addons/mods are used when reporting issues in Bug Reports.

Which 3rd party aircraft is it ?, PMDG 737 ?

The is only one 737-600 in the sim for Xbox (and PC, too, I believe) and that is the PMDG.

What the OP describes rings a bell with the Xbox edition of the aircraft. I cannot recall (unusual for me) where I’ve read similar here on the forum, but I know that I have.

EDIT:

I did a quick search of the PMDG 737 Xbox edition thread and there a many posts there that mention “spinning” knobs.

Here is one example:

1 Like

PMDG 737 600 - (Xbox X) I am using Flight Model (Modern), thanks

1 Like

Hi, Yes, PMDG, and the throttle stops working too in the interior view, but it works again in the exterior view when accelerating with the A button and decelerating with the B button. However, in the interior view, it doesn’t respond at all. Additionally, the flaps have some problem too, “they work in reverse problem” functioning in the interior view but not in the exterior view. It’s impossible to use the plane without encountering problems. :sob: When engaging reverse thrust, after returning to idle, the plane suddenly jumps forward. :thinking: (When I press A+B, I have it set to go to IDLE…)

***Here is a shortcut I created myself, so I wouldn’t mind if it failed. However, the other problems are caused by default, a shortcut problem will be ok, but strangely, no other plane has failed with this shortcut.

To solve this problem you need to plug a mouse to your Xbox, you don’t have to use it just have it plugged to one of your USB inputs.

For the throttle issues I have not flown the PMDG for several months bur never had that issue before… did you make sure all your AI Piloting/Assistances are off?

2 Likes

Hi, thanks Okay I’ll try. I’m also seeing other issues, they’re all similar. Everything keeps moving endlessly, for example, the speed brake keeps spinning non-stop and similar things…Any small action gets frozen, doing crazy things. I will try to use the mouse :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

sry I don’t have any xbox experience but in my shoes I’ll try controller/mouse/… functionality with other app/game. Simply your situation looks to me like that.

Amazingly, it looks like the mouse fix the plane, it’s has stopped acting crazy. I can use it smoothly now, I’ve just completed my third landing without any problems. Thank you!

3 Likes

Hi, I’ve always used the Xbox controller to handle all planes without any issues, when I connected the mouse on the Xbox the plane stopped doing crazy things. For now, everything seems to be working as it should without any glitches.

***“I’ve only connected the mouse, and it seems to be working fine!!! Thanks, everyone!”

1 Like