737 & 787 engines overheating and rolling back to idle

is anyone else having an issue where as you take off the 737 or 787 engines EGT sky rockets to near 2000 degrees then the power drops to 30% N1 until it cools then it throttles up again and then overheats again.

im on #PC MS-S version with honeycomb alpha and bravo controls.

YES! It’s happening to me since this morning with both airliners and the new F18, just as I finally managed to solve the VR bar bug via the Home Cockpit workarund. Apparently, bugs never end…

EDIT: Wait, it seems to be weather related… Disabled live weather and now it’s working ok. Seems Earth warming’s got so bad, planes can’t fly anymore! Guess we’ll hear about it in the news.

I’m on Xbox and have the exact same problem, the engine exhaust goes red, the engines go to idle and I plummet to earth like rock, tried several planes, several countries, several situations, taking off, landing, mid flight, and it happens every time. I’m baffled

Weather bugged.
Look at your outside air temperature to see if it’s hot.

1 Like

Yes! Same issue here with the Asobo A 320! Every time they fix something, 10 other appear! This is really starting to annoy me!

I’m guessing/hoping it’s an effect of fixing the beta, and those not on the beta will get hit with it.

I imagine a preset weather is the answer for today.

1 Like

Please see OAT of 248 C at FL285?! (Impacts negatively on aircraft performance and autopilot function) .

2 Likes

youre right it goes from 11deg to 277 at 2000 feet as i take off that is super weird and a difficult one to notice glad you caught that.

hopefully Asobo has been made aware this is the definition of a need for a “hot fix”

Please see this topic:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/oat-of-248-c-at-fl285-impacts-negatively-on-aircraft-performance-and-autopilot-function/478029