747-8 Fuel Bug

So I tried to make a 8800Nm Flight with the 747-8 from Bodensee to somewhere on the South pole but I crashed due “empty fuel tanks” now the problem is that I had actually 10% left in the reserve fuel tanks and in the balance tank.
After that I tested a bit around and the reserve tanks don’t work as well as the balancing tank they just are there and fuel out of them can’t be used.
It is a nasty surprise if your engines go off at 10% fuel left. :grin:
Also if you run empty and put new fuel into the tanks through the weights tool the engines won’t restart because no fuel is pumped any more No way to fix that but restart the whole flight.
Also I wonder if the fuel is calculated correctly because the 10% where already reached at about 4300Nm.
I had the plane overloaded to 220% load out, the first 20% of fuel that load out made the plane very massively in hight and so consumed a lot of fuel. And I also didn’t know wind directions (maybe we should be able to see the weather even at live weather) so I don’t expect the full 8000Nm but barely getting over halve of that seemed strange.
Travel hight where 32000Ft in the beginning at 310Knots and later up to 34000Ft and 36000Ft as the consumed fuel allowed the higher altitudes.

the 747 bunr 2.2 X the normal fuel flow because the Lbs are converted in Kgs. The ECAM show 5.5 x 4=22000lbs but in the Weight&Balance window the fuel quantity decrease 48000lbs/hr. Normaly, the 747 can flight 21hrs (LONDON EGLL-SIDNEY YSSY), real flight challenge through Quantas Airlines take off-touchdown in 20h09 but in MSFS the 747 can not fly more than 8 hrs

P.S. 1 Lbs =0.4536 Kgr

Same issue happens after 7std flight to me on the approach to kiad(washington). I hope they will fix this issue

1 Like