747 and the Honeycomb Bravo - CTD with Failed to Calldispatch error

Must say, my patience is running thin with Asobo and Honeycomb over the damned acceleration(aka 10 degree) bug and now this mess of a fix for the LEDS.

Some partnership, currently it’s a joke.

Great… What’s the 10 degree bug?

It’s a “feature” that has been in Microsoft flights sims since the early days. If you press a button or keyboard key to do something (like trim) the action can be either a single increment or, if you hold the button down, the value increases rapidly over time. So far, no big deal, could be useful in fact.

But if you have a peripheral like a Yoke or Throttle quadrant with permanently on/off buttons they get scanned all the time as accelerating because they are always “pressed”. The result varies, but in the current sim it usually means you can only adjust the heading by ten degrees instead of one and altitude in 1000 feet intervals instead of 100 feet. Also on both the Alpha Yoke and even the trim wheel of the Bravo throttle, the trim is super sensitive and basically a total pain in teh butt to use without a work around to get rid of the problem.

Both Asobo and Honeycomb are well aware of this and have done nothing far to fix it (and both could at least have a downloadable temporary workaround if they wanted to). Some partnership. Hopefully, just hopefully, it will be fixed in the next sim update.

It better be.

Yup the only solution is to create one using 3rd party software like the combo I use vJoy + Joystick Gremilin

It work a treat but takes ages to set up
I’m glad I spent the time tho because it means I have a fully function Alpha and Bravo without the acceleration bug pestering me

The heading and altitude parts of the bug were annoying enough, yet i could live with them while waiting for a fix. But I totally hit the roof when I found that the trim wheel of my new, very expensive, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant was totally useless on MS Flight simulator. My walls are now very blue from what I had to say about those guys, let me tell you.

The various fixes works OK (even though they are a real pain to get going in many cases), but the thing is, Honeycomb knew about it and offers no help whatsoever. Hell they don’t even mention it anywhere on their products or website and that stinks. Even their LED driver is a stuff-up. If they think I’m buying anything else from them in future, they are sadly mistaken. Honeycomb rudder pedals? Tell 'em they’re dreaming.

Really my trim wheel works perfect!
What’s going wrong with it?

Oh, mine’s fine now, with either your fix or FS-Tool from E1ephant42 (found on these forums, see link at end, simple but works great for the Bravo Throttle FS_Tool)

No, I’m talking about the mess before I enabled a fix. The C 172 was even harder to trim with the wheel on the Bravo than it was with the useless trim buttons on the Alpha yoke, thanks to the same bug. It was like a dog chasing its tail. I had better control with an el cheapo Logitech Extreme 3D joystick.

oh that would have been painful; totally for got that acceleration bug would have effected the trim wheel as well

I’m hoping tho that even if either Asobo or Honeycomb implement a fix it will give me the flexibility I have using vJoy and Gremlin otherwise I just might stick with them LOL

But dang I remember the disappoint when I realised the yoke and TQ didn’t work straight out the box as advertised but hey! what ever does work as advertised now a days!

I’ve also come to the conclusion, that after all the hype, the Honeycomb throttle quadrant design is deeply flawed.

The auto pilot panel, although extremely welcome, is really cheap and annoying in everyday operation. You can’t see what the left AP rotary dial has selected and there is no panel or LED light to enable this. Fail.

The very fact that you have to rotate a selector knob to change between such things as Heading or Altitude select is penny- pinching cheapo rubbish. What? you couldn’t make it for such a “low” price if you added a few more pots? Oh cry me a river then charge me ten or twenty bucks more.

You can’t reach the rocker switches when the throttle, prop or mixture levers are at full advance (shades of a Volvo cutting off the fingers of smokers with automatic gearbox and the ashtray in front of the gear selector). There is no programmable LED assignment lights or even a slide-in printable card holder, never mind software to print such a card, not that you can read it in the dark anyway. The oh so special LED warning panel is impossible to see or read from the flight deck, all of the warnings are not programmable and mostly boring anyway. One could go on. I think the hype surrounding this quadrant is only because what we have had in the past has largely been overpriced rubbish.

Then again I think this is too.

I agree that the alternatives for yokes & quadrants are over priced and rubbish; especially the entry level controllers. There was nothin between entry level or expensive pro gear which is why I’ve never bought any of them

For its price there’s always going to some compromises & It’s never going to be better than a custom built panel/quadrant but its a lot better then basic Logitech gear

I think it’s hit the sweet spot but I too wish the auto pilot had a least two more rotary encoders as I’m already considering how to add them to my setup. The autopilot lights are great but needing that selector knob is inconvenient but still better than mousing everything; I’ve painted a line on the knob so I can clearly see where it is switched too

It basically boils down to what other alternative is there apart from a major custom setup which in itself would be painful to configure & more expensive!

Now I’ve got vJoy + gremlin working perfectly it takes only a minute to mount the bravo & alpha on the desk & I’m flying GA mouse free except when needing to alter or input approaches.

It’s great value for what we get but I’d have paid an extra 50 bucks for a few more encoders

This honeycomb gear may make the other controller manufactures get off the butts & compete with new and better innovations because for years they’ve just been lazy

[quote=“HugeMercury163, post:23, topic:344800”]
ut if you have a peripheral like a Yoke or Throttle quadrant with permanently on/off buttons they get scanned all the time as accelerating because they are always “pressed”. The result varies, but in the current sim it usually means you can only adjust the heading by ten degrees instead of one and altitude in 1000 feet intervals instead of 100 feet. Also on both the Alpha Yoke and even the trim wheel of the Bravo throttle, the trim is super sensitive and basically a total pain in teh butt to use without a work around to get rid of the problem.

Both Asobo and Honeycomb are well aware of this and have done nothing far to fix it (and both could at least have a downloadable temporary workaround if they wanted to). Some partnership. Hopefully, just hopefully, it will be fixed in the next sim update.
[/quote]

That is strange. I’ve been flying the MS sim since v1.0 on a TRS 80 and over the years never noticed.

Even today, just got done flying a 172 and my Bravo trim wheel appears to work just like in a real 172.

And Thank you for sharing the 10 degree bug. While I was in the air goofing off, I did some testing and learned that the bug can have a benefit for those that use the Bravo and Logitech equipment.

The Logitech does not have a way to increment by 1000’s for altitude which sucks when ordered to climb from 3000 to FL 290. It increments by 100’s. On my first Vatsim flight it took me so long to dial the altitude in that ATC came back and asked me if I understood last instructions.

The same seems to work with the Heading Bug. Bravo can move through 180 degrees in a couple of rotations where the Logitech AP panel is in 1 degree increments. These devices when used together actually complement each others faults.

I know that’s not the way things should be and the software/firmware does need to be fixed, but they should also provide an option for What degree’s of increment a pilot wants to use.

It didn’t solve the problem. Right now I can’t even tell whether the Honeycomb throttle driver, or the device itself, has bearings on my problem. I tried several times with different aircraft the same flight from Vancouver ITL to KSEA and every time I tried, the sim crashed just when I was turning for final approach for 16L. Tried with the Honeycomb disconnected and the driver uninstalled but ended up with the same result, and I even tried from a different airport but the same results. Curiously enough, when I disconnected the Honeycomb and connected the Saitek X52 pro back, the airplane lost all power when I moved the throttle back a little after take off. The irony is that I was having that problem initially with the Honeycomb throttle. Anyway, I ended up reconnecting the Honeycomb without the driver and tried a flight from Winslow (KINW) to Prescott (KPRC) with the TBM and, voila! The airplane did the whole IFR flight all the way to the runway without a hick.
At this point I am waiting from Microsoft to see what the issue can be, but, like many of you here stated, my problems started when I began to use the Honeycomb throttle, which may just be a coincidence, and, unfortunately, they haven’t respond to any of my tickets at all. * even tried the repair option to repair the sim but it didn’t help. I do remember that back when I was using FSX I was having a similar issue when I was on approach to a major airport, which we all know it was memory related in most cases, but I have 32G so I don’t think that’s part of the problem. They did ask me to increase the virtual memory (page file) but I didn’t want to mess with it because I wouldn’t know how much to allocate for minimum and maximum. If any one has more info regarding this error, it would be great if you can share it. I really want to fly!!
Thanks

All - Go to YouTube and find The below link. Scroll through all his stuff starting at the unboxing of the HC-TQ. (119) SimHanger Flight Simulation - YouTube

Watch all his videos on the TQ. Taking not of what changes he makes. Also please note the HC-TQ is NOT broken. The sim is broken in the way it polls the switches, all the switches, no matter what device, the switch programing is not correct.

Then go to this persons YT Channel, and watch how to fix the Throttle #2 bug, and the VLC bug. Then follow his recommendations on how to setup different profiles for the different aircraft.

(119) Rmag - YouTube

Doing those two things should get you working good enough to use device. I have and it does.

Before you got the Bravo, did you have CTD? → If so I’d say you have a completely different issue.

Did you fly with the Bravo at all before you installed the driver, if so did you have any CTD? → If so I’d say you have a completely different issue.

I watched both these contributors videos a while back, including the bug fixes. What I haven’t seen yet is any YouTuber acknowledging the AFC Bridge issue that many of us have. Either they haven’t experienced it, or haven’t mentioned it.

I agree the Bravo is not broken, MSFS needs to make the LED’s native and fix the bugs.

That is not the problem. The issue is not about setting the different profiles but rather conflict issues. I think it may just be the sim, because I just did another flight to Bradley (payware) from La Guardia at night and didn’t have any issues. I haven’t reinstalled the driver though

I flew with the Bravo for two days with the driver installed. I got the Bravo on the 7th, and the first time I developed the problem was on the 9th.

I installed the v2.1 bravo software release a couple of days ago and so far so good. Lights are working and no more CTD or call dispatch errors. :grinning:

Yeap, two in the TBM and now one in the Baron. Deleting AFC-Bridge. And I concur, thanks for starting this thread.

Honeycomb released a new version. I have 3 , +2 hour flights using it, no issues.

Nice to have the lights back.