747 Sunglasses in cockpit

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has come across this in my 747
It seems that the pilot sunglasses are in view and blocking everything and they are moving around, its like when the AI pilot looks around, I did uninstall the 747 and reinstalled it and it was ok then when I restarted the sim the glasses were back any ideas I could try here’s a picture

this is on FS2020 Steam
DEv mode off

Had that happen a long time ago, just once.
No need to remove 747 and re install.
Changing to external view and back again will clear this or just end flight and start new.

1 Like

well thanks for the tip, I tried it, and bang it was fixed but then bang it was back 10 seconds later… darn

FIXED< Ok Looks like it was one of my planes in my community folder.

Did you use a visible pilot/copilot mod for the 747? If so, you might also need to reposition your camera a bit.

no, I didn’t ill have to look into which one was the bug. keep ya posted

“This is your captain Ray Ban speaking…”

this is by far the craziest glitch I have dealt with from helping others and dealing with someone thing that’s happened to me lol

1 Like

FS2020 expect the unexpected! :rofl:

by any chance was that plane the salty 747 mod?

If you don’t use that mod. Then it’s most likely an LOD issue. Generally, pilos don’t appear on high LOD like when you’re sitting indide the cockpit. They only appear on lower LOD when you camera is at a distance. That’s why you see the pilot models on external camera looking from the outside.

It looks like you’re getting a bug where your camera is already inside the cockpit. But the sim is still using the lower LOD, thus making the pilots visible and the position just coincide with the sunglasses.

Try to change the Level of Detail slider in your graphics setting and try to cycle between external and cockpit cam a few times. Hopefully the correct LOD kicks in and the pilot model disappears.

Unless of course, you have any other mods that deliberately add the pilot models on High LOD.

1 Like

I think it was the Salty pack but I need to do another test to confirm it…