7800x3d

Currently own the following setup.

Rtx 4080
I7 12700k
32gb ram ddr4
Nvme drives
Msi mainboard
Quest 3 with vd

Am having the rolling issues of micro stutters when I turn my head. Tried many settings but problem persists.

Was thinking to upgrade to a:

7800x3d
Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX G12 AM5 ATX AMD Motherboard
Gigabyte AORUS RGB DDR5 32GB (16x2) RAM ARS32G60D5R G11

Any chance to get improvements ?

Try some other server in FS. Also try same server at another time. Check that your windows time is synced. Do not use any overlays (like VFR map or other apps overlay while playing). Lets thry these steps first. Not sure its your hardware. =)

Use OpenXR toolkit and enable Turbo mode. It helped a lot in my case.

This guide helped me a lot (5800X3D, RTX4900) Quest 3 and MSFS - please make reports here - #289 by RomanDesign

The 7800X3D is the best you can get for MSFS.
Mainly because of the 3D cache,

2 Likes

Have you tried the SU15 beta? I’ve seen many posts where people have vastly reduced stuttering (including with the frametime data to prove it).

Yes I was/am in the beta

Tried that as well. Tried even re-installing windows and MSFS. Strange thing is that it used to work

I have 7800x3D with a 3090 TI. Still having micro stutters in VR occasionally. It will definitely improve your experience but I don’t think it’s CPU or GPU related. I have incredibly smooth experience with any other titles in VR but not with MSFS unfortunately. By the way, yes, 7800x3D is the best CPU to get for gaming at the moment.

Depends what’s causing the stutters, so it won’t necessarily help. Good CPU (actually the best) to pick up in any case if it doesn’t eliminate the issue, you’ll know to look elsewhere.