787 & 747 poor performance in cockpit on Xbox Series X after AAU2

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

After the AAU2 update for the 787 and 747 I’ve experienced significant performance degradation/stuttering while in the cockpit view. FPS is nearly unplayable when landing or at included bespoke airports like KORD, KJFK. Frame rate improves when the camera is on an external view. This was not the case prior to AAU2 and does not happen with any other aircraft currently.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Performing any of the landing challenges in the 747 (E.g., KJFK landing) will reproduce the poor performance currently on Xbox Series X.

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

Xbox Series X

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox Series X + VelocityOne yoke

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.33.8.0 , AAU2

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Same thing for me. I play on series s and the 747 and 787 just crash my game now. And i can’t even fly in new york without my game crashing.

Yes.

Performance is still extremely low in the Boeing 787-10, even after Sim Update 14. The framerate is constantly low (between 20 and 30 fps), there are lots of intermittent stutters both on the ground and in the air. Even the virtual cursor is difficult to control as it stutters all over the place. Looking around or centering the view (with RS) induces big stutters as well. The aircraft is generally unenjoyable to operate on Xbox Series X.

N/A

yes

747 frame rate very poor since aau2. After a long haul flight the frames during landing are going down like you are in slow motion . Moving camera in cockpit is slow too. At the same time the clock goes slower due to the poor frame rate.
No problems with other planes like lvfr a330 neo or pmdg planes when it comes to sim time and frame rates.
It is a 747 and aau2 problem. In comparison the 777 by captain sim/scam which still runs with aau1 of the 747 8 have no frame rate problems.

Even to me, and not alone in cockpit but also in outer view. It seems that they are the only planes, mentioning 747-8 and 787-10, which cause those issues. Indeed i used the Cessna Citation Longitude from La Paz to Natal and everything in performance was good.

This gives me right reason.
I too used the Captain Sim’s Boeing 777-200LR, DC Designs Concorde, Top Gun Maverick’ s Darkstar (marketplace purchased products), i used also Cessna Citation Longitude and Textron Aviation’ s Beechcraft King Air 350, Cessna Caravan, TBM930… game default original planes… no issues in performance.

So the thing is one: that problem is the two Boeings of the game.
I bet i could fly A320 neo and not have performance issues…

Let’s wait for a fix on the two Boeings.

2 Likes

Yes completely agree the 2 Boeing’s in the sim are not optimised and are a stuttering buggy mess, I hope Asobo are looking into it. The so called optimisation fixes from SU14 haven’t done anything imo

1 Like

Yes

Load in basically anywhere in either aircraft and after either manually inputting the route or using the route request feature there is a pretty significant reduction in performance, zooming out the ND’s in both aircraft also causes quite a reduction.

These are clips from back in June but the current situation isn’t much different
747:
https://youtu.be/-9a01eVjDpA
787:
https://youtu.be/l-V-KDGslsQ
A couple of clips that I took just now
747:
https://youtu.be/F0JI4sLpVPQ
787:
https://youtu.be/MdjDi9b1Pcc
Route from the first clips:
LIMC/35R VAKON9Q VAKON Q702 CHI M167 BASOG Z122 LABIN DCT SONIK DCT VEBAR DCT ETIDA Q9 RIXEN UA17 BAG UG8 GEM UW73 DYB DCT SRT DCT OTKEP UM688 SIDAD P975 LONOS Y604 GODRI L703 HAYYA HAYYA1R OTHH/34R
Route from the second couple:
VIDP/29R DCT BUTOP DCT GUGAL DCT NITIV DCT JHANG DCT LEBIB DCT DI
DCT REGET DCT DOBAT DCT MESRA DCT PATOX DCT NEVIV DCT VUVEN DCT
PAGMA DCT LEMOD DCT NINOP DCT ABDAN DCT BODBA DCT KEKAL DCT ABEKO
DCT BIBIM DCT BABUM DCT TUGTA DCT TUNEK DCT RODAR DCT LESGI DCT
LEYLA DCT ADEKI DCT BADIR DCT LAGAS DCT AGISO DCT TETRO DCT ODILI
DCT ROLIN DCT KARDE DCT SIN DCT SUNUM DCT INB DCT DEVMU DCT EVPIM
DCT BEDOP DCT MODAU DCT ODMAX DCT NEGEM DCT GRN DCT ERDOM DCT UTEKA
DCT BGD DCT LAKIK DCT GOLVA DCT REDBU DCT TITIG DCT NAPSA NAPSA1B
EDDM/26L

I really hope the FPS of these get improved a bit more at some point, these two upgrades were the ones I was most excited for but I haven’t used them since the AAU2 beta except the odd test during other beta periods as the experience just isn’t enjoyable at the minute

I wish we had the aircraft before AAU2 back. I can’t use them in their current state.

2 Likes

If i may make a confession, me too.
In reminding what the devs have done on A320 Neo, allowing IniBuilds to launch on sim the advanced version of A320 Neo, but maintaining the base version as standard default game plane (this before the withdrawal due to bugs and crashes), mi desire is, about the same as yours, but adding that is, Working Titles Boeing 747-8 and 787-10 be as insim game, but toghether sided, As in the case of the A320 Neos, by the default Boeing 747-8 default pre - AAUU2 version so that the 747-8 fans could fly at least this former version to enjoy the Queen of the Skies without having their life troubled by the ongoing AAUU2 performance issues.

1 Like

Best solution would be fixing the Performance of aau2 on the 747/787, which should be possible considering how well many of the other airliners, even with passenger cabin perform.
I don’t think they would even consider a parallel aau1 version of the boeings, because with that move they would admit their failure of fixing stuff they broke in the first place.

Ok. I am sorry about the fact that they would admit a failure on AAUU2 working, rest assured and also the developers team of Microsoft Flight Simulator have to stay assured that i didn’t want to trigger such situation, i respect very much the devs, and any accidental offence to them is completely unwanted by me, considering how much they are working on the sim to bring improvements, fixes and far more… My apologies in advance (especially to the MSFS team)! :pray::pray::+1::airplane::small_airplane::clap:

Please don´t apologize, Asobo should apologize to all xbox players for breaking the 747/787 with the aau2 and not fixing it. You are the customer, the customer should never apologize for a faulty product!
It was clear visible in the aau2 beta back in the summer. They released it anyway and didn´t fix it afterwards. Now it is far back on the list and only “under investigation” half a year later. That is a failure of the developer to let that happen.

My hope is still that soon or later i could fly the Boeings without those issues.
Asobo would tread the thing to Working Title, the other ones who handle bothyhe 747 and 787.
Could you, or some one know what features we could expect in the next SU15, and when would it be released? I am curious about…

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

No mods, no addons

Brief description of the issue:

747: the sim freezes at intermittence after i pass Manhattan

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Boeing 747:
Flew from Palermo to London, all smooth, with thebsame plane without exiting to the main menu i flew from London to New York, also all smooth, but intil i begin to fly above Manhattan, from there during ILS04L trans LENDY patter to land the sim begun to freeze multiple times at intermittence until i shut down the plane at KJFK gate, and besides i had to replan the flight London to New York with all its related datas at MCDU related pages to refollow the entire ILS04L trans LENDY to land succsessfully because the freezing triggered also black screens for about an half minute before they relighted again.

Already reported to Zendesk.

In OPTIONS, GENERAL, DATAS i set off photogrammetry, world bing data air traffic, live weather, leavin on only the online services, needed for further updates.
Sim build is 1.37.3.0, the SU15 beta
Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

Don’t know i am an Xbox user

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

I am an Xbox user
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Hi,

I also have issues with the stock 747. It looks like to be a framerate problem. Every 5 seconds, I have a lost of frame. Whatever if I am inside the cockpit or outside. It makes the plane unflyable. I have this problem since I have MSFS on Xbox Series X in june 2023.

I heard (on reddit if my memories are good) that many people have this problem with the stock 747.

Is there a way to fix it ? or is it a problem that the developpers are aware of ?

They are aware of it. Once SU15 is released it will improve a lot. In SU15 Beta both are performing much much better.

I am on Xbox X too.

1 Like