787 Cockpit turned low poly mid flight

Doing the LFBD - KSEA flight achievement in the 787. All graphics and systems worked and looked fine on take off, climb, and well into cruise. Now though, it seems to have randomly switched the cockpit models to low res/poly versions, and even the pilot and co-pilot models are now visible in cockpit view.

It’s blanked out the Autopilot panel, as well as other interactable panels too, so I can no longer use them.

I’m hoping that it’s similar to an FSX thing where the 2d cockpit vanished over vast expanses at altitude, as I’m at 39,000 over Greenland in the images, but It’s as if the cockpit is rendering the external version of the cockpit, rather than the internal verion, if that makes sense?

Update: Have just reached the western shore of Greenland, still at 39,000, and the graphics and instruments have restored themselves back to normal. I’ve no idea what caused it, but I assume it’s some kind of resource saving measure built in to the game?

It looks like when switching to external cam, the sim renders the cockpit using low-poly with the pilot and copilot rendered. This is behaving as it should to save hardware processing resources. But when switching back to the cockpit. It should switch back to the high-poly cockpit models and textures with operational instruments. But in some cases like this, the sim didn’t trigger the switching back, thus showing this low-poly model.

The solution is to just switch back to external cam. Let it stabilise for a few seconds, then switch back into the cockpit view. Fingers crossed, the sim switches back to the cockpit model correctly.

That’s what I thought too with switching back and forth between views, but it didn’t cure it. I resorted to changing graphics settings, and data options, to see if it would refresh the cockpit models.

After a while I just left it on cockpit few and waited in hopes it would fix itself, which it did eventually, refreshing itself without player interaction.

I assume it was just a resource saving thing while I was at high altitude over an empty expanse, it was just unsettling to not have control over Autopilot or other cockpit systems during that period

I am actually experiencing this exact same issue on the same flight path using the 747.

1 Like

Same issue in the Longitude at LF450. I’m on my first 7 hour flight and this has happened twice now in the first 5 hours.

1 Like

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

No, all removed.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

I was flying from KDEN to KSFO this morning. After around 1 hour I switched from the external camera back to the cockpit and the whole cockpit was gone. No instruments no lights. Just some low poly walls and pilot/co-pilot (without faces).

I didn’t use any mods and flew with the Pacifica livery.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Didn’t make any.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I just switched cameras.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Intel(R) Core™ i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz
GTX GeFroce 1660 Super
32 GB 3200 RAM

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Microsoft

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

No I didn’t.

This literally just happened to me flying the captain sim 777-300er. I’ve never experienced this before since the release of the game.