787 Heavy Division - IFR Clearance with built-in ATC

I am using the latest experimental version of the Heavy Division 787 mod. It’s quite good. Not FBW level yet, but definitely has potential to be that good.

One issue I ran into, I cannot request IFR clearance from built-in ATC after importing flight plan from simbrief and programming the FMC.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution. I can’t tell if I’m doing something wrong or if there is a bug.

Hi, yes, I have the same issue. Is there a workaround for that?

Hi,

since Yersterday I won’t get an option to request IFR clearance. There are only VFR Options. I use Simbrief and import the FP in the 787 with the Heavy Division Mod.

Anyone else encounters the same?

Now I am midflight, so I will test it with the A320 when I landed in a few hours. But perhaps I have some answeres until then :slight_smile:

Not sure if this is the same issue you’ve found, but once I’ve departed, sometimes the only thing I’ll see are contact center, or request flight following. If I request flight following, and go through the get/acknowledge the code process, then the option comes up to request an IFR plan. Not ideal (or right) but at least it gets me an IFR plan.
Regards

1 Like

actually I neither have the option to cancle the flight following, nor I can do anything else than looking for the nearest airport. Strange…

Figured out, it must be related to the 787 and the mod, I guess. Seems. like the sim isn’t realizing, there is a flightplan ploted. I will open a thread in the 3rd party section :slight_smile:

1 Like

No need, we’re moving it now #third-party-addon-discussion:tools-utilities

@omszz if you’re a sufficiently high Trust Level, you can move topics yourself by editing the Title and changing the Category. Otherwise, you can flag your own post and ask one of the Mod Team to move it for you by using the “Other” category and detailing what you need. This prevents multiple topics from being opened on the same subject.

1 Like

I posted this to Heavy Division discord and they confirmed the issue. However I don’t know if there is a known solution. @KlappDrache728 maybe you could post an official bug in the Heavy Division GitHub repo.

The suggestion I got in the discord was to use VATSIM, or to import the simbrief plan into the MSFS flight planner before starting the flight and then import the same plan into the 787 FMC as well during startup. That does seem to work although if you make changes in the FMC not sure if ATC picks those up. Ideally the ATC would just go off the planes FMC plan. It works that way for A32NX so I can imagine its possible.

1 Like

You can’t use in game ATC when using the mod.