787 NAV lights stay in place while wings bend away

The NAV lights on the 787 are staying in the position where they would be without the wing flex. That causes them to be below the wings instead of the tips

Do you have any 787 mods installed?

Only the livery from the liveries megapack.

Go without that and see what happens.

Before creating a topic in the #Bugs-and-Issues categories, assure no mods or 3rd party add-ons are installed per the guidelines of this section.

The purpose of the #Bugs-and-Issues categories is to discuss issues that affect the base simulator (MSFS default content). Please do not discuss issues with third-party addons, or modifications in this category.

If you believe your issue may be caused by a third-party addon/mod, empty your community folder, restart the simulator and try to reproduce the error.

All issues caused by, or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. All issues related to the core simulator (MSFS default content) can be formally reported through Zendesk.

1 Like

Even without mods the problem is there but only when zoomed out a bit. if I zoom in the lights jump to the correct position. Graphic settings are on medium presets.

1 Like

As I have seen this is related with camera zoom. If you zoom out to far away from airplane this bug happens, I have same issue and if I stay my outside zoom not far way from 787 the lights are fine.

3 Likes

I can confirm this happens when zoomed out on the 787. When zoomed out lights also go in and out of view.

With empty communityfolder

Add imagesIMG_1459

This is a msfs bug. Nothing to do with community folder, its an issue with outside camera zoom out with the airplane. Maybe that will be fixed with the next Sim update

Just an LOD thing. Saves cpu/Gpu power so the game does not need to calculate the position of the lights relative to the wing flex when zeemed out too much.