7950x3d Benchmarks for MSFS 2020

I have this:

CyberPower OR1500PFCLCD PFC Sinewave UPS System, 1500VA/1050W, 8 Outlets, AVR, Mini-Tower

1 Like

Very similar to mine. :slight_smile: I got lucky. Mine came out of an office that the server was being totally redone. Got it from a tech on the job for 50 bux. Yes itā€™s legit. it was one being replaced for bigger n better

Waaaiiit a second. You saying I need a UPS as well now? :rofl:

First talk I ever heard about this!!

I assume itā€™s to maintain a constant supply of power, rather than keeping the system online if there is a power cut?

2 Likes

Oh my dood, I know. I know. Itā€™s more of an insurance policy. Iā€™ve lost hardware from power outs I have a kingston SSD that was the last victim of that before ups. As a more hardcore OC guy (self proclaimed) and an audiophile. I love cleaned and regulated voltages

Lol. Well a good UPS kinda works for both scenarios.

I generally sayā€¦ Donā€™t skimp out on a good PSU or UPS! (Especially if you have a top tier desktop PC).

1 Like

+1000000000000000 to that

All valid points. But some education needed (again) lol

I have a Corsair HX1200 1200W 80+ Platinum Modular Gaming Power Supply

So would that be OK ā€œas isā€? Or I need thisā€¦

Cyberpower CP1500EPFCLCD-UK Backup UPS PFC Pure Sinewave 1500VA/900W 2 x UK Sockets 4 x IEC https://amzn.eu/d/9qMm3sX

Does the Watts output need to be higher than my PSU? So this at 900 isnā€™t good enough? Next step up I can see is like 2x this price (nearly Ā£800!).

I hear you all saying ā€œhere we go againā€ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bro, Iā€™m like a BMWā€¦ let that wallet burn :rofl: :joy: That one would almost for sure give you enough time to shut down in a blackout if you were gaming. With mine i can go on for a bit, and had a recent blackout (month ago) for 7mins in Chatham ON, Canada. I played on

PS, that PSU is tight!!! Kills my Corsair rmx 1000

Iā€™ve lived in this house for 10 years and never had a blackout. But never say never, right :wink:

1 Like

I know, they arenā€™t cheap. But it really is an insurance policy that protects your investments. And brown outs are the worst!!! sour power

2 Likes

I would say at the very least. Make sure your power bars are belkin, or other company that will payback your equipment, if spiked through them

Folks, just a reminder to stay on topicā€¦

1 Like

Cheers, it got the delete.

1 Like

I left the gpu on glide, no extra heat, get the cpu run betterā€¦ darn close. I need to turn the darn A/c on soon i think

I know, nobody cares. Still on windows open outside temp cooling. And I can feel this box warm beside me :smiley: . buuuuuuuuuuuut. Next I will wait for a cooler day or do A/C to get my vid card up to where it can be. Then, who knowsā€¦ top 1000? I wish!!!

Dude thatā€™s incredible how you got everything so finely tuned. Iā€™ve been out at work and canā€™t wait to get everything as cut as that.

1 Like

Much <3 bro!!! Ty

It should be fine, you just need to be cautious that the components connected to the UPS donā€™t draw more than 900W (combined) at their peak - otherwise you could run into stability issues or possibly trip the UPS.

I have an HX1500i PSU connected to my 1050W UPS (ā€¦among other items) and itā€™s been perfectly fine.

Even a high end PC with RTX 4090 shouldnā€™t come anywhere near 900W running full outā€¦ Unless youā€™re doing something very special with it!

Now, Back to the 7950X3D talkā€¦

2 Likes

Be aware that Windows uses the RAM as a file system cache. So more RAM equals a faster PC. Up to a point of course

1 Like