7950x3d CPU VR mode not recognized as a game in Gamebar causing poor performance

, ,

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

7950x3d CPU uses win gamebar to recognize a game it then shuts off the non 3D cache cores, this works fine in all the games i have tested apart from FS2020 in VR mode where it uses all cores. It works OK in 2d mode so I’m not sure of an obvious work around. I try DX 11 & DX 12 there is no difference.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I use riva stats, start in 2d & then switch to vr.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

AMD 7950x3d, 4090 GPU, 64GP Ram, NVME SSD, Valve Index.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

all versions up to SU15 beta

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi @NRosko,

We’ve moved your topic into the User Support Hub.

The Bug Reporting Hub is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce without duplicating an existing bug report. Using the template is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the User Support Hub category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report and no duplicate exists, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

All issues caused by or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. Assure that no addons/mods are used when reporting issues in Bug Reports.

Are you saying the sim doesn’t use the 3D cache cores while in VR?

I have a 7950x3d also. Curious to know if I’m taking a hit and should swap to a 7800x3d.