95% of my time in the game is redownloading failed packages

This is a follow-up to your previous request #95282 “Excessive data usage during installation of Standard version of Sim”
I have managed to resolve the problems that I was having, both this and 94236, thanks to one piece of advice passed to me in the forums.
The data usage dropped from 844 gig (as reported in 95282) down to a reasonable 200 gig, of which some would likely be other internet activities, while the download time dropped from 2 days + to just over 9 hours.
As for #94236 “Feature updates not all loading” - these have now all loaded and it looks as though I have a clean install.
Just two changes from previous attempts:

1. I changed my FS load drive from the c: drive, where the operating system is, to my d: drive, which is a big, empty 2tb SSD partitioned into tow x 1tb partitions. I don’t think this had much to do with the solution BTW.
  2. The key, I believe, is that I used a good VPN into my closest server to route the data from the internet to my home modem/router. Surfshark was my VPN of choice.
    Many thanks for your assistance, and can I urge you to include the VPN as a possible solution to this problem for others.

Altsnippy001
Please see mylatest update to this thread, VPN worked for me - completely - and it may just work for you, too.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
It worked! See the full text of my report response below, but basically, using a VPN cut my download time down to 9 hours, dropped the data download from my ISP down to 210GB (tops), and allowed me to install all the packages!

1 Like