A beginner panel using an Arduino Nano and FS2020TA

Hello guys.
I’m a beginner and i’ve build my first panel using an Arduino Nano that i had in my drawer, trying to reach a good software architecture before building a more complex solution to manage and display also numeric values (like frequencies, altitude, air speed, etc) in a second project.

On the PC-side i’ve found FS2020TA.exe that works very well for me so i just had to build and program my buttons/LEDs panel.

For more info about this panel and FS2020TA click HERE

3 Likes

Mobiflight is what you need my friend.

1 Like

Fr0zenComms yes Mobiflight is a great system but don’t matches my needs because:

1. it works ony with some kind of Arduinos but the “Nano” is not supported
  2. it seems a sistem quite much “high-level” (and i want to build something by myself to do what i want instead)
  3. i’m not sure but probably with Mobiflight you need to use their hardware (and i want to build my own instead)

So these are the reasons why i decided to follow a different way :wink:

You might be right with the nano not being supported, but I bought and built all my own hardware (buttons, switches, rotary endorsers, and 7 Segment LEDs) and put it all together myself how I wanted.

I’m still working on my radio panels, but those are all hand built by me as well. Mobiflight just handles pulling and setting all the simvars that I need to make it all work.

1 Like

Yes Fr0zen, great job but this is not my way.
In addition to starting from different assumptions and in addition to what i have already written, i wanted (and still i want) to have fun writing software code for Arduino while using Mobiflight you load a firmware and there is no programming to do (i think).

And anyway, in essence, we have different “fun goals” even if at the end we probably want to get the same result.