A class in the clouds - homeschooling with Flight Simulator

This pandemic is running for too long. We all feel a growing desire to move, travel, see places, learn new things… and we put this together with dad’s passion for airplanes… well, we got ourselves an idea for a different kind of class! We decided to do a virtual flying tour! Our eldest daughter, Lara, which is 5-and-a-half, was really up to it as well.

So I spent a couple of days brainstorming and planning a few things and eventually settled in a trip to learn about the Azores archipelago, one of two archipelagos of Portugal
In this first visit I picked the central group of islands, which is the one where the islands are more close together, which is great since we don’t want the trip to take too long (2hrs max).

But don’t be fooled, the plane ride is really a platform to learn about history, geography and so many things about these islands and our world. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is a bit of a long story to post here, so I’ll leave a link to the original: https://www.kalaksi.com/u/nunodonato/p/planet-nuno-donato/7124

This was so good. Thank you MS and Asobo to make it possible :slight_smile:

5 Likes